Note 10.1 only charging while screen is on!

bfrancisco2

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody.

My SG Note 10.1 2014 edition is charging only when the screen is on. If the screen timeout activates and the screen locks, the tablet stops charging the battery. I must unplug the cable and unlock the screen, then reconnect the charger. I had to set the screen timeout to the maximum (30 mins) to keep it awake.

Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us how you know it isn't charging while the screen is off? Do you see that the charging bar gets interrupted during that time period in the Settings>Battery​ graph?

bfrancisco2

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us how you know it isn't charging while the screen is off? Do you see that the charging bar gets interrupted during that time period in the Settings>Battery​ graph?

This is what happens: 1. With the tablet sleeping, I connect the charging cable. 2. The tablet turn on the display to tell me that I plugged the cable. 3. The battery icon changes to charging state (you know, with the ray-thunder-lightning icon). 4. After a few seconds, the screen turns off. 5. One or two seconds later the display turns on again and the battery icon is normal (no ray icon).

So.... this is what I do to keep the tablet charging the battery: 1. I unlock the tablet. 2. I change the screen timeout to 30 mins. 3. I plug the charging cable. 4. The tablet get charged until the screens time out is completed or I keep it awake all the time.
-After the 30 minutes, if I let the screen to turn off, it stops charging (as in the #4 and #5 in the first procedure)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo