How do I get rid of Verizon demo? Please help!

jkrc717

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought this tablet(2014 edition) through groupon. It's refurbished. However, it is a verizon demo unit. Is there a way to get rid of it? I tried uninstalling the app, but it just loads right back up.

Help please.

I would like to know if it's possible to do this without rooting the tablet. I don't want to lose the S-Pen features.

jkrc717

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
You wouldn't lose any spen features if you root the tablet. Are you able to disable the app?

I disabled the app, but it downloads itself again. I rooted it with towelroot. Now I'm trying to figure out where to download the original firmware for this model and how to install it. I downloaded one, but it won't extract. It's an MDS file. I also can't seem to get it into download mode.

If you can help or link me somewhere with specific instructions, I'd appreciate it.

sherryo1990

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the same tablet with the same groupon, and have no idea how to get rid of all the verizon stuff that keeps running no matter how many times you delete or try to disable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the same tablet with the same groupon, and have no idea how to get rid of all the verizon stuff that keeps running no matter how many times you delete or try to disable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

You have to gain superuser access, and then you can remove the Verizon stuff.