Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is the OB Defender for the Note 10.1???

Even my Playbook has a Defender case...where is a case for the Note 10.1?
    royeight likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Where is the OB Defender for the Note 10.1???

Sent a note to OB for a Defender case. If enough of us request it, maybe we can get them to build it.

I'd rather request a Commuter case

Either way, I'd love an Otterbox for this thing. Although the Belkin case is doing fine so far.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I had a Defender for my Playbook that I traded in for my Note 10.1 and got a great price on the trade-in.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device
    LegalAmerican likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Customer service replied that they are not aware of plans to produce a Defender case for the Note 10.1 and to stay tuned to the website. The iPad gets all the attention. I will bet that their owners don't even have to ask. If we don't speak up and make ourselves heard, then we will be ignored.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Sure would love some help getting the attention of Otterbox to develop a Defender case for the Note 10.1.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I don't know about you guys but I am not comfortable with not having a rugged case like the Defender on tablet instead of the leather folding case from Belkin. Don't get me wrong. It is nice but I would prefer a hard case. If we make enough noise, OB might make one. Apple doesn't have to ask for a Defender case. Why should Android owners have to ask?

Android owners have to ask because Android is not just 1 tablet with the same form factor like Apple. There are dozens out there with some not selling quite as well as others leaving OB to carefully choose where to spend development dollars.

I've sent a request for my Note 10.1 also.

I'm holding out for a Samsung case.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I'm holding out for a Samsung case.
    Ditto - too many cases that say they are for the Note 10.1 but block the pen holder.
    Loren
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

The Belkin Tri-fold does not block access to the stylus.

The Exact case ($13, shipped, on eBay) does not block access to the stylus.

After reading this:

Does Samsung's Book Case beat the iPad's Smart Cover? | Tablets - InfoWorld

I am canceling my order for the Samsung case. Nothing to hold the cover shut, no auto-screen off, and being floppy does not cut it for me. It sounds actually worse than the Exact case.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Let's make some noise so that OB or some other manufacturer will release a rugged case.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

My second attempt to get a Defender case released suffered yet another setback. I was again told that there are no current plans to produce A Defender case for the Note 10.1. If the Note 10.1 sells ten percent of the units that GS3 smartphone, and that's two million potential customers. They produced one for my Playbook that I traded in for my Note 10.1. Playbook sales won't even compare to the Note 10.1.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I have tried engaging the help of other tech forum boogers to get the attention of OB. Is it too much to ask for some type of rugged case to protect my tablet? I am not liking my Belkin leather folder case.

DAS

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    I have tried engaging the help of other tech forum boogers to get the attention of OB. Is it too much to ask for some type of rugged case to protect my tablet? I am not liking my Belkin leather folder case.

I would help you out, but I personally have no intention of ever using a bulky looking case on my tablet. However, I'll contact the manufacturer and help you out.
    Unless you work in construction or something like that, I'm not sure why anyone would want a case like that? I've owned tablets since the original ipad and have never used anything but the thinnest / lightest case available. I guess I'm not real hard on my electronics

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    jcp007 
    evilfantasy likes this.

I do agree that IPad gets all the attention. The selection at best buy for Android was just an end case, but a whole aisle row for IPad. Really gets me upset. I also understand that like someone said above, not all the Android Tablets are exactly the same, like all the Ipads are except the Ipad 3 was thicker. It's a joke how much stuff for Ipad. I think in time though, if the sales do well with the Note, which I'm sure they will, there will be more stuff for it. Every day I see a few more cases on Amazon.
    I did get a confirmation on my MinuSuit TPU silicon cover that I ordered from the seller. The Pics on Amazon don't show the cutout for the S Pen, but talked to someone from the company and he emailed me a picture of the case with the Cutout. I originally was going to cancel my order, but since he confirmed it with a pic, I kept the order on Amazon. Should receive it today or tomorrow. It was preordered and supposed to not get them until the 27th, but they sent me an email saying they have them now and wanted to know if they could ship it. I was like heck yeah! I'll post some pics when I get it. It was like 3 dollars and some change on Amazon, and with shipping less than $7.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

I recieved information from Otterbox on the state of an Otterbox for the Note10.1:

Dear Derek,

We are currently working on a case for this device but do not have an ETA at this time. We recommend keeping an eye on our website or Facebook page where we will be sure to post more information as soon as it is available. You can also sign up for our email notification to be among the first to know when it becomes available.
    Thanked by:
    jcp007 
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by djbrax View Post
    I recieved information from Otterbox on the state of an Otterbox for the Note10.1:

Dear Derek,

We are currently working on a case for this device but do not have an ETA at this time. We recommend keeping an eye on our website or Facebook page where we will be sure to post more information as soon as it is available. You can also sign up for our email notification to be among the first to know when it becomes available.
    Hopefully, before the successor to the Note 10.1 is released, an OB Defender case will be released.

Rafe Xemt likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

OB has the case for the Tab 2 10.1 which would fit the Note 10.1 but the issue would be the opening for the S Pen.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

No joy from OB on the Defender for the Note 10.1. Heard from today. Thwarted again.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Totally agree with everyone here. Been looking for a tough case for Note 10.1, Up till today still no luck. Otterbox seems to focus more on idevices been looking for Note 10.1 defender case but they don't have it.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Ironically, they produced a Defender for the Tab 2 10.1.

Well I heard through the grapevine that the new otterbox case fit the note 10.1 minus not being able to access the stylus. Yea....not so much. It's about an 1/8" too big for the case. I'm really disappointed...I hate not having it in a case. Back to waiting for a case.....
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

We need to rise up and bombard OB with requests for the Defender.

Hi Everyone,

After handing over my Ipad 2 to my wife along with an Otterbox Case, i decided to purchase a Galaxy note 10.1 for my self since i upgrade my cell phone from a blackberry Torch to a Samsung G3. I must say that i purchased an Otterbox case for my G3, but have a veryhardtime in finding similar protective case for my Galaxy Note 10.1. I need a protective case, due to it always being on the road with it daily. her is my replay from otterboc from last week.

Dear XXXXX,
    Unfortunately, we do not have plans to develop a case for that device at this time. I would recommend keeping an eye on our website, iPhone cases, iPad cases, DROID cases and more by OtterBox | OtterBox.com, and Facebook page, as they will have the most up to date information for every new release.
    Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions.
    Phyllis
    Customer Service Representative
    P: (855) 688-7269
    F970) 493-1755
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast