Update to KitKat?

Peter Shurr

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if it will ever get the update to KitKat? There was an article on Central that showed the list of Samsung devices scheduled to get the update but about a month or two later there was another post with an updated device list but this time the Note 10.1 was not on it. Does anyone know for sure?

Posted via Android Central App

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Given that the pre-release version has already been leaked I think it's likely to turn up at some stage.
This discussion and the rationale cited have been discussed in another thread. There another poster also expressed the belief that it's just a matter of time before a KitKat upgrade happens.
Yes it is from feb., so it is only matter of time... a week? Another month? Months? Who knows... but i read that the test version is out already.

IIRC, the "pre-release" version was specific to a non-US version. With that in mind, I'll repeat here what I said in the other thread.

Don't hold your breath waiting. I too saw the February announcement. It reminded me of similar, equally hopeful one regarding an impending global upgrade of my GT 7.0 Plus (GT-P6210) from ICS to JB. Did it happen? Yup. Did it happen in the US? Nope. Eventually I rooted the device and flashed the UK version of the ROM and I was happily on my way although I eventually "gifted" the device and replaced it with a GT 3 8.0. After a major, official upgrade from HC to ICS, an OTA/Kies upgrade to JB the GT 7.0 Plus never happened in the US despite the announcement from Samsung.

The similarities in the current discussion are there to see - the original Note 10.1 shipped with ICS and got an official upgrade to JB.This does not bode well for US users in my estimation.

Just sayin'.

MelwinBotha

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel. Took a Screenshot of this Drippler post.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-30-12-46-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-12-46-53.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 103

Calanoid

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
This does not bode well for US users in my estimation.

I'm not in the US so no worries ;)

Out of interest, apart from having to use the Queen's English, were there any major problems using the UK version? I assume you can still set the device back to use crazy US date formats and stuff, but what about the Play store?

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not in the US so no worries ;)

Out of interest, apart from having to use the Queen's English, were there any major problems using the UK version? I assume you can still set the device back to use crazy US date formats and stuff, but what about the Play store?
It was totally transparent - everything, including the Play Store, worked as if it was a made-for-USA version. If it came down to doing the same sort of thing with my N8013, I wouldn't hesitate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall