changing carriers with Virgin Mobile's samsung galaxy 2 (SPH-D710VMUB)

baleoda

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this possible? I know it's a CDMA phone, but I want to switch to straight talk at walmart. They have much better service(I get dropped calls, no service at all sometimes) plus, I never get 4g as advertised. I have the MEID and HEX #, but I'm stuck as to where to go from here. Could someone please help me?

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Android Central Forums

baleoda

May 9, 2012
Visit site
By the way it's rooted, but no place for a sim card, I think so you have to stick with their company. Please someone help.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This is really only possible if the other carrier offers the same exact device model then you could technically download and flash the entire factory image for said device on said carrier youd have to flash everything modems kernels everything BUT ONLY if both carrier's offer the EXACT same devices.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
And also only possible for CDMA phones to work on CDMA networks and GSM on GSM networks CDMA phones will not work on a GSM network and vice versa. ..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

baleoda

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, not the answer I was hoping to hear. I mean I wouldn't have a problem flashing over the roms, kernel, etc. But I don't think straight talk offers the samsung galaxy 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty