AT&T Note2 ROM help!

joseph asselta

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently rooted my phone. I also am using PhilZ Touch custom recovery. I was just wondering the proper method to flash ROMs. I think I need the ROM file and GAPPs file. Put them on phone and then unzip both in the custom recovery. I understand before that I need to wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe delvik cache. After unzipping and loading ROM I heard to wipe caches again. Then reboot into my new and wonderful ROM (hopefully). Is this the right process? And if so what are the best ROMs available for this ATT Note2? Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently rooted my phone. I also am using PhilZ Touch custom recovery. I was just wondering the proper method to flash ROMs. I think I need the ROM file and GAPPs file. Put them on phone and then unzip both in the custom recovery. I understand before that I need to wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe delvik cache. After unzipping and loading ROM I heard to wipe caches again. Then reboot into my new and wonderful ROM (hopefully). Is this the right process? And if so what are the best ROMs available for this ATT Note2? Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

Welcome to the forums!
Don't unzip the files. Other than that, your steps are correct.

joseph asselta

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Don't unzip the files. Other than that, your steps are correct.

Thank you kindly. Could you or possibly anyone recommend some ROMs? Maybe some stable 4.2 ROMs and some new 4.3 that are stable. im not in the market to be constantly updating and trying to fix bugs and so on. Looking for a smooth daily driver ready to go. Something I can rock out for a while. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you kindly. Could you or possibly anyone recommend some ROMs? Maybe some stable 4.2 ROMs and some new 4.3 that are stable. im not in the market to be constantly updating and trying to fix bugs and so on. Looking for a smooth daily driver ready to go. Something I can rock out for a while. Thanks!

I live Slim. Has more custom options than CM. Here: http://www.slimroms.net

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

jayster0966

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
You may want to try Jedi X20. It is a touchwiz based 4.1.2 ROM, so you get to keep all the S-Pen goodness with smooth stability and excellent battery life.. I have tried 4.2, 4.3 ROMs and always end up going back to the Jedi goodness. Try different ones out and see what makes you the happiest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy