And what about the 32GB and 64GB Note 2

Irish1842

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I could never under the big need to run apps from the sd card. I know games are getting bigger and what not, but at the end of the day, if you have over 100 apps installed, how many do you REALLY use on a regular basis? I've had up to 150 apps installed on my 16GB GS3 without issue. Can someone try to explain to me why this is such a big deal? I'm honestly curious so keep the flamethrowers turned off lol.

Like you said, games are getting bigger. Really big. Stick just a few high-end games on a 16GB phone and you aren't left with that much space for the rest of your smaller apps or data. I'm a pretty big gamer, so that could be an issue for me. Another example in my case is Spotify. I intend to use Spotify to listen to music at work, but I will have to cache the music on the phone so I don't eat through limited data. By default, the app saves this music on the phone's internal storage. From what I understand, there is a workaround that allows you to cache the music to the SD card, but this may not always be the case.

Not having larger storage options is a big negative for me. I had been planning on getting a 32GB GS3, but now I am contemplating the Note 2. I just have to convince myself I can get away with 16GB of internal storage. There are a lot of critics out there who chastise people for wanting more internal storage, which I've never understood. As if having access to more (if not all) of your media is somehow a negative.

wburleson

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has sold over 3 million Galaxy Note 2's. And not a one was either 32GB or 64GB. WOW!!!
When will we see the big boys?

rakeshraja

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever get your note 2. I got one and read somewhere in the packaging that it was able to be upgraded to 48 gb considering it already has 16 gb onboard. Please let me know if you get a 64 gb card working in it as I would like to get one but can't afford to take the chance on it not working and buy a 32 gb later.

Many thanks,

John

I too would really love to see the 32gb version since i tend to use lots of apps but im also gonna get SD card cuz i tend to carry tons of music, pictures, and video as well

in responce to you can not run apps from the external sd card slot
have you ever heard of an app called app2sd that lets you run apps from the sd card?
you can also partition your sd card and have your dalvik cashe setting in your kernel point to that ext-4 partition instead.
works on every single solitary android device i have ever worked with, including makes by samsung, htc, zte, hwaie or however you spell that.
just wate on a rom maker to include it in a rom or mod the kernel yourself to make the change. but dont say that it cant be done.

You can swap your storage and can have your sdcard as internal storage but you need to roo your device , this thing works 100% on note 2. I am using it already.

vedusa6e.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't tend to play the large games (I'm more of a puzzle game kind of guy) so while I would love to have 128GB of storage, I can live with 80GB.

I do have one question. Do I have control over where the camera save its pictures and videos? I tend to use the camera a lot, and it would be nice to have that go to the external storage.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't tend to play the large games (I'm more of a puzzle game kind of guy) so while I would love to have 128GB of storage, I can live with 80GB.

I do have one question. Do I have control over where the camera save its pictures and videos? I tend to use the camera a lot, and it would be nice to have that go to the external storage.

It's the second to last option under settings (above reset).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
New guy here, still learning about all this. I'll probably be moving into a Note 2 soon, coming from a Windows Phone. How exactly is the memory installed on the Galaxy and Note devices? Do they also use embedded chips in the hardware? I was able to upgrade my Arrive from 16-32gb by tearing into it and installing a 32gb SD Card. Is the memory hardwired into the circuitry? Is there some reason why only the 16gb version is being sent to the States, yet everyone else gets the options for the 32 and 64gb versions?

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. If Verizon would just ship my Note 2, I could probably figure thngs like this for myself.

You could also download the user manual and give yourself a head start. I've learned a lot from it. This is the first phone I've had in years in which the user manual was actually useful.
I have it in my phone for quick reference.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You could also download the user manual and give yourself a head start. I've learned a lot from it. This is the first phone I've had in years in which the user manual was actually useful.
I have it in my phone for quick reference.

Fantastic idea. I can't believe I didn't think of it. Thanks.

If anyone else wants to read it too, you can find it here:

Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) –User Manual/Guide

TunaSoda

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI as of this past Friday, my friend that works for Verizon says he can pre-order a 32gb for me, it won't be any sooner than the 27th, but it is a different sku than the 16gb so there is hope!!!

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI as of this past Friday, my friend that works for Verizon says he can pre-order a 32gb for me, it won't be any sooner than the 27th, but it is a different sku than the 16gb so there is hope!!!

Could you please get the SKU from him and post it here? I have to order it through the business division of Verizon, and my contact hadn't heard about the 32GB model.

Thanks.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Out of ALL the people in the world who know anything about the Note 2 and none of them knowing about a 32GB version slated for the US; yet you have a friend who works for Verizon who can get you one. :rolleyes:

TunaSoda

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Did he tell you the cost?
I asked him that, he told me he didn't know anything about pricing on it yet, but MY guess is it most likely $100 more than the 16gb, not sure though

- - - Updated - - -

Could you please get the SKU from him and post it here? I have to order it through the business division of Verizon, and my contact hadn't heard about the 32GB model.

Thanks.
I'll see if he'll even give me that info lol

Brent.Allsop

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just chatted with a sales rep at samsung.com
And she said the 32GB version would be available in the US: "soon".

And I've heard of people in some Asian countries getting 32 and 64 GB versions.

would definitely be nice to know more info, like SKUs, prices, times...

Thanks for all the info here so far!

I guess I'll wait a bit longer before getting this baby.

Upwards,
Brent Allsop

MANdroidd

Banned
Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the 32gb is the perfect size capacity. Add to that the ability to up the storage through microsd and this is going to be a killer entertainment device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo