Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

No problems here so far with my Active case.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    hummingbirdhill likes this.

Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

Quote Originally Posted by andy a View Post
    How about prising the magnet off and replacing it with a bit of bluetack! Not ideal of course but what do you do I have this case on it's way to me now if I had known about the problem I wouldn't have ordered it and I live in the UK and it's shipping from the USA so sending it back isn't really worth it so I will be stuck with it and trying to sell it on somewhere!
    What I would try first is a thin piece of ferrous sheet metal. It has to be ferrous (iron, something a magnet will stick to) and use vinyl electric tape to put it on the inside of the case so it's between the magnet and the phone. That might serve to shield the screen from the magnet. Hopefully the vinyl tape will not only hold it in place but also prevent the battery cover being scratched.

Won't cost anything to try it. Cut out a piece from an old PC case or power supply, sand/file the corners and edges, hold it there with your finger and see if it works.

That's certainly a very good idea and will most likely help

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    What I would try first is a thin piece of ferrous sheet metal. It has to be ferrous (iron, something a magnet will stick to) and use vinyl electric tape to put it on the inside of the case so it's between the magnet and the phone. That might serve to shield the screen from the magnet. Hopefully the vinyl tape will not only hold it in place but also prevent the battery cover being scratched.

Won't cost anything to try it. Cut out a piece from an old PC case or power supply, sand/file the corners and edges, hold it there with your finger and see if it works.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I got an active case & holster from the Android Central store & really like it. Fits great and doesn't add as much bulk as I expected. Haven't seen any issues with the S pen, I scribbled lines all around where the magnet is & didn't have any problems.

Mike

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

Is this case (Seidio Active & Surface) similar to the Otterbox Defender in terms of protection. I've seen people drop their Otterbox protected phones and nothing happens to it. I just don't want to but this one and then have to buy the Otterbox because the protection is not the same

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by husa3695 View Post
    Is this case (Seidio Active & Surface) similar to the Otterbox Defender in terms of protection. I've seen people drop their Otterbox protected phones and nothing happens to it. I just don't want to but this one and then have to buy the Otterbox because the protection is not the same

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    They are similar. But, I think Seidio adds less bulk to the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    They are similar. But, I think Seidio adds less bulk to the phone.

Exactly. Especially with the surface case; much less bulky.

ROM
    CM7

Anyone having trouble removing the surface case? I can't get it or lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Running the active case myself and there's no interference with the spen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    Well will seidio do any thing about this problem ? I wish that I could fine a leather vertical belt holster for the Sch R950 note 2.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    I really like the clip + the surface. Very nice looking case with the absolute perfect cutouts and material.

However, I just ended up returning my 1st phone thinking there was a screen defect. The new phone worked great in the store, then I got back home and it was messing up again. I was pretty upset. Then I took off the case and it worked fine. The magnet definitely interferes with it.

Seidio, will you do something about this? I need to return for something else if it can't be replaced soon so I'm not stuck with a defective product. Again, great job on the rest of the case. I really love it, just that magnet messing stuff up.

I think I going to take my active case off of my note 2 if the magnet affects one thing it could affect reception to.

Jerry

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    I think I going to take my active case off of my note 2 if the magnet affects one thing it could affect reception to.

I'm not having problems with either.

I'm not having problems with either.

Try to write really neatly above the magnet. It will be off if you're paying attention.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by alvarez13 View Post
    Try to write really neatly above the magnet. It will be off if you're paying attention.
    Oh, well, I guess I simply don't have the attention span to handle it. Apparently in your world if people aren't experiencing your problem they must not be paying attention. :rolleyes:

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

i like the case, just dun like the magnet, i would give up the kickstand feature, magnet affects spen and my watch

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mwinggg View Post
    i like the case, just dun like the magnet, i would give up the kickstand feature, magnet affects spen and my watch

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    So the magnet does affect more than the pen ? I think I was right when I said it could affect reception !

Jerry

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

I can't get the magnet to mess up the spen at all. I did a few different tests writing and drawing through the magnet area and everything was consistent.

Can someone post a screen shot of what it looks like when it messes up?

I just got surface case today shipped to the UK. I've tried seeing if there are any issues with the s pen where the magnet I'd and haven't noticed a thing.
    I've also made a few calls with no problems with reception.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardofoz85 View Post
    I just got surface case today shipped to the UK. I've tried seeing if there are any issues with the s pen where the magnet I'd and haven't noticed a thing.
    I've also made a few calls with no problems with reception.
    Good to hear

Real light presses are the problem on mine. If I press hard it doesn't skip.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

So is this a good case to get or no. .. seems like mixed reviews

Oh, well, I guess I simply don't have the attention span to handle it. Apparently in your world if people aren't experiencing your problem they must not be paying attention. :rolleyes:

Ah...lazy in addition to bald and fat. Wife must be a lucky woman =P

Decide for yourselves folks. I'm pretty disappointed and will be returning my Surface case for something without magnets.

Also, in case the pictures aren't clear: the magnet is opposite the red box drawn, beneath the text and lines. The lines drawn directly over the magnet won't show distortion because they are affected approximately equally on both sides (unlike handwritten text), but the lines on either side of the magnet are obviously distorted outward.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]-2012-12-06-12-51-18.png   Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]-2012-12-06-12-51-25.png  
    Thanked by:
    cdf3 

Admittedly that was not very scientific but I personally noticed the distortion pretty quickly with real world use. Here are some more precise mappings of the effect of the kickstand magnet. It looks more subtle here, but for me it has an obvious impact on my handwriting in that area.

Like I said you have to be the judge and weigh your use of the pen against value of the kickstand. Sorry for posting twice in a row.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]-2012-12-06-13-24-58.png   Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]-2012-12-06-13-22-36.png  
    Thanked by 2:

Hmmmm that's nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, I have this case on it's way to me I just need the phone now I will be getting it at Xmas but the distortion wouldn't bother me that much as my writing and drawing is so bad that I would never be able to tell.

I really like the look of the Surface case and in not adding bulk is important as well, I need to order a screen protector now.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast