Note 2 Replacement Metal Back Cover Review

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
There are about 5 cases I'd like to try and this is one of them! I just don't want to waste money on a few...wish there was a place you could touch and feel them all. I got a white one from the place in China (Nillkin)...looks nice, but I am really into that hard white Samsung case, and this metal one that comes in a nice blue as well. Decisions, decisions!

gscreens

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have tried several metal type cases on my Note 2. The best looking case was the Hunter F. I got it in all silver and a second case in silver with the black finished back cover. The black finished back didnt scratch like the all silver back, and performed exceptionally when I droppped phone on marble floor with no damage. Only regret is cellular reception. While I didnt notice a significant drop in wifi or GPS service, the cellular reception suffered in weak signal areas (AT&T). Began to get a lot of drop calls and missed calls and lengthy connect times with the case. After 2 months I removed the case out of frustration and cellular performance returned to normal. Apparently under the batter door and beneath the encased plastic in the upper right and left rear corners of the Note 2 are located the 3 seperate antenne for GPS, WIFI and cellular reception. If you use a metal cover with metal bumper then signal will be impaired. If you use a metal battery door cover without the bumper (I have tried this case as well) you wont notice too large a signal drop. Its apparent that Samsung made the battery door covers out of plastic for a reason based upon performance rather than as a cost saving measure.

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
unless you really LOVE the metal look and feel, an alternative way to protect the lid is to put a clear flim on it. That way you retain NFC, original thickness, and OEM look and feel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38