Best Screen protector so far?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree they went too great s few years ago but their hd versions are much better then the past ones. I've used their screen protectors since I had my old HTC evo 3d and now with my note 2, I highly recommend them. You won't be sorry getting the hd version for your note.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree they went too great s few years ago but their hd versions are much better then the past ones. I've used their screen protectors since I had my old HTC evo 3d and now with my note 2, I highly recommend them. You won't be sorry getting the hd version for your note.

I had the HD version on my Iphone 5 (cant imagine any difference in them as they are both new phones) and it sucked

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I recommend Spigen Ultra Crystal, it work well and I hardly tell if the screen protector is on it. It felt smooth with my finger. I am rather picky with screen protector on their glide ability. If it felt bumpy then I won't go for it like Armor Suit Military Shield. For Spigen Ultra Crystal, it perfect and glide my finger so easily.

Best of all, it a dry application. I hate wet application since it made it so easy to get out alignment during the squeegee use.

Sent from my SGH-T889

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've always been a fan of phanton skinz screen protectors, using it on my Note 2 atm. I have the Nexus 4 and needed another screen protector but didn't like the full body version that phantom skinz has. Decided to try out Spigen Ultra crystal since I hear good things about it. Will report back. :)

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I recommend Spigen Ultra Crystal, it work well and I hardly tell if the screen protector is on it. It felt smooth with my finger. I am rather picky with screen protector on their glide ability. If it felt bumpy then I won't go for it like Armor Suit Military Shield. For Spigen Ultra Crystal, it perfect and glide my finger so easily.

Best of all, it a dry application. I hate wet application since it made it so easy to get out alignment during the squeegee use.

Sent from my SGH-T889
does s-pen glide ok on it?

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I ordered some cheap screen protectors on eBay for a 1.99 surprisingly the quality of them is extremely good I was able to put my first 1 on with not a single bubbles on screen also no orange peel that I have seen yet. I also ordered a spigen that I will put on once this one fails. Also the pen works well with these and I've not scratched it yet. I will not post a link but will provide a ss of the product and seller

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357189039266.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357189039266.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 79

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought these 3X HD Clear LCD Screen Protector Guard Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 | eBay for only $1.89, and I like them. No rainbow,orange peel,discoloration,S Pen glides like a boss, and the only time I notice that the sp is on my phone is when the screen is black. That's its only flaw, it picks up the finger prints like when you're gliding, and if you use spen alot, you will see everything thing that you wrote on the screen,lol but its no biggie for me, I always carry a polishing cloth. $700 phone, i will defend it from sand and dusk and crap

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
does s-pen glide ok on it?

The spigen protectors feel just the same as if you were on the screen without one. Although I got a generic like spigen it feels just like it. I had the zagg hd and returned it and got the equivalent of the spigen ultra oleophobic one and it's awesome. The stylus flows on it like there is no protector on it.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree get a Spigen Ultra Crystal it's easy to put on the s pen works perfectly with it and you can't tell you have even got one on, I know there aren't cheap but why bother wasting your money on cheap stuff when this phone cost so much and deserves a quality protector.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the Spigen Ultra Oleo and you can't even tell it's there as far as the S-pen goes. Can't really see it's there either except at the edge, but my TPU case covers that now. It doesn't finger/face print as much as the glass, either, and it's easy to wipe off.
The price isn't horrible considering you get 2, and if you don't screw up putting the first one on you have a spare.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

The HD version doesn't take away from the screen, you can't even tell that it's on. However, the S Pen leaves marks all over it.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Ghost Armor

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting Ghost Armor on mine tomorrow. I won't know how well it works for a few days as it takes some time to cure but will post my results.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I went with the Spigen Ultra Crystal as well... for both my wife's and my note 2. Amazon has a 2-pack for ~$15

It does have a bit of a gap between the edge of the white/grey frame outlining the black portion of the screen, but its still a great fit. I have a Seidio Surface case on it, so that covers a portion of the gap, but there's still some left though I don't mind. It has the right cutouts for the speaker, home button, leds and camera. I'm extremely satisifed with it. No issues with S-Pen and its as clear and as smooth as the glass. Thanks to all the others who have recommended it.

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I started with a Zagg but after I waited the obligatory 24 hours which I waited almost 48 I put my Otter Box case on and it began to peel off starting with the upper corner. I then went with a Rock'd protector from a kiosk at a mall that sold cases and such and I really like it. It is very similar to the Zagg but there is no orange peel....just a very nice gloss effect. Might be worth a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

tkfisher

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the Mobc oleophobic from amazon. 2 for about $10 or just over. Not sure how it compares to other oleophobic screen protectors though, as this is the first I've used. As far as the spen working and feel of it, I'm very pleased. Installed without a hitch. The only other screen protector I've used worth mentioning was a spigen crystal on my nexus 7. I don't think this one is any worse and at least resists some of the oils from my fingers. Easier to wipe off at minimum. Wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I will say that there's a divot on the top left and have no idea why it's there but really doesn't matter. And like most others for the note 2 apparently, it doesn't go all the way to the sides.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally got the Spigen ultra crystal screen protector for my Nexus 4. And I have phantom skinz ultra clear screen protector on my Note 2. Both have front/back screen protectors. Although, both are really close, IMO the winner is...

Phantom Skinz ultra clear screen protector!

1) Fingers glide much smoother than the Spigen. It was quite a noticeable difference to me. Although, I'd like to mention that the S-pen felt much smoother on the spigen than phantom skinz. Almost a little too slippery for my liking, though doubt I would notice much difference when using it.

2) This might have to do with the color of the device (black vs titanium grey), but while Spigen looks damm near invisible, with the phantom skinz, I could barely tell I have a screen protector on.

Some things I liked about Spigen:

1) Dry-install. I used to hate doing dry install, but this one was quite easy. I took my time, but the biggest advantage I see in dry install is if you get dust/link stuck underneath, you can easily lift up the Spigen screen protector and use Spigen's "special" dust/lint removal tape and reapply. I was able to get a perfect no bubble, no lint, no dirt install.

On the other hand Phantom skinz is a wet install. Biggest problem with this is you can't see the dust/link or air bubbles until after you install. I usually leave phone off for the night and in the morning I will unwrap the ceran wrap that I covered it with. Luckily my note 2 turned out great, but it wasn't as easy as installing like Spigen screen protector. Also, water can be bad if you aren't careful and let the phone dry long enough.

2) Ease of installation, again with dry install and a You tube tutorial video, I was able to install this with no problems in about 30 minutes. Aligning it was quite easy with the tape method I found on You Tube. The phantom skinz takes me a little longer (much longer if you count drying it overnight) due to water and covering it up with ceran wrap so I the screen protector doesn't lift and get air bubbles.

3) Cost. Technically they both are about the same price, but you can't buy one set of full body screen protector form phantom skinz, they come with 2 sets. Even though phantom skinz says it's a "internet special, BOGO free" it's really not if you compare it to other screen protectors and their prices.

**Update**

Thought I'd update this after using the Spigen screen protector for a little while more. I have to say it's a tough call between these two. After normal usage, I really don't notice that extra bit of drag on the Spigen protector. Fingers slide just as well as the phantom skinz. One thing that I noticed, is even after a couple days of letting it cure to my screen, I was still able to lift it up with scotch tape. If for some reason you have something sticky (like scotch tape sticky) on your finger and touch the screen, it may lift the screen protector up completely. This may be the downside to dry-install in general. Whereas phantom skinz is stuck on there unless you really try to get it off. I've also already made a scratch on the back side of the Spigen screen protector, no idea how that happened. No scratches so far on the phantom skinz (been using phantom skinz for about a month now).

Last edited:

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress