question about the touch keys

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
first of all...i'm a complete newbie to android so pardon any ignorance i may show.

the touch keys...either side of the main button on the bottom of the note 2.....is there a way to disable them and have them on screen instead ??
i keep handing the phone to the missus to look at something and she instinctively touches there and knocks whatever screen was on off (if that makes sense)....i keep touching them by accident myself and backing out of apps :)

again...thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
not to my knowledge, but you can set the option to keep the backlight on the keys, whenever the screen is lit, so that you both can at least see where the keys are located, possibly allowing you to avoid touching them accidentally? i have mine set to always be lit.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
No but you can do anything with the s pen. Slide up for menu and make a backwards arrow to go back. Spen=fantastic.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Add the Ultimate Rotation Control app and hold the device upside down? That way, the buttons would be at the top.

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
not to my knowledge, but you can set the option to keep the backlight on the keys, whenever the screen is lit, so that you both can at least see where the keys are located, possibly allowing you to avoid touching them accidentally? i have mine set to always be lit.

that helps a bit...i didnt know about that....thank you.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
that would play havoc with my brain...for the position of the side keys and how the case opens up (leather). :)

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Those keys are super annoying. I keep backing out of SNote with it while I'm writing. Used to the on screen keys of Nexii.
@Xopher As funny as that may be, it's a possible solution.