Streaming Netflix to tv, not playing in widescreen

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an hd cord to stream my phone to tv. When I run Netflix it is wide screen on my phone but on the tv it is not, it's a small smooshed box in the middle. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Streaming Netflix to tv, not playing kin widescreeb

Did you try another form of movie watching like the media hub?.Could be the cord or it could be the setting on your tv. Try changing the tv setting.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Are you using MHL to HDMI cable?

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Can you confirm that it is running on 1080P on your tv?

I did use MHL to HDMI cable to my tv running Netflix without a problem.

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

Can you confirm that it is running on 1080P on your tv?

I did use MHL to HDMI cable to my tv running Netflix without a problem.

yes, other stuff plays in wide screen like it supposed too. Just not netflix

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Mmmm apparently it must be Netflix side. Go to app info of Netflix by going to Setting > Application Manager > Netflix > Clear Data and then confirm to clear it. Then open the app, you have to put your user name and password again. Then try again.

If it didn't work, give Netflix a call and they be able to help you

Leon Orton

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
the research that I have done so farI have found some people say it works with older high definition TVs. Another person said it worked until jelly bean came out. On my note 2 all applications video works great except for Netflix app. I called Netflix and they said we don't know about any problems blamed the cable and Android. It seems to me that since it is the only one that doesn't work it is a Netflix issue. maybe Netflix didn't upgrade their software when jelly bean came out. whether it be an netflix issue or an Android issue nobody seems to want to take responsibility or acknowledge that there is even a problem.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the 'lovable' world of Android fragmentation... Unfortunately, and this is TRULY a pain to developers, what works wonders in one phone (even with the 'same' Android version) is all wonky in another... And that even goes for same phones with different chipsets (Hello, Exynos VS Snapdragon!). Like you saw on another comment, for someone else this is NOT happening, but it IS happening to YOU, and you both have Note 2's. It should be something that Netflix has to fix on their side, but they'd have to find a headseat that doesn't work like yours, and then tweak it and make sure they don't break it for other phones, and then release the updated app. Blame them, just don't blame them for not wanting to take responsibility over something that is a shared guilt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress