iPhone 5 to Galaxy Note 2

jrburrows

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Basically, I've been an iPhone fan for nearly 4 years, I've had every iteration of the phone since the 3GS. I've always loved it, the iOS updates etc. But as I'm sure you know, they're similar, they're safe. Although, I like familiarity - the iPhone 5 was just a disappointment, I felt Apple could have done so much more - and I'm still hopeful for the iPhone 6/iOS 8. But until then, a further 18 months again - I'm considering swapping to Android.

The phone which has caught my eye is the Galaxy Note 2 - I love everything about it. But, I worry that it'll be awkward to move over from iCloud to Google's equivalent. I know I cans imply move over Contacts, Calendar, Mail over to Google and thats that. But, I have a lot of iTunes songs and wish to keep using iTunes. Is there a simple way to regularly sync all iTunes media to the Galaxy Note 2 ? So i can continue to use iTunes? Oh, actually - onto a Micro SD in the Note 2, not the internal storage.
If there is no way, well so be it. I'll happily purchase a iPod Nano - it'll just be a pain having 2 separate devices after being used to having one device for everything!

Also, I use iPhoto - and really don't want to get rid of that - is there any way, without copy & pasting photos - to sync them to the Galaxy Note 2.

Also, has anyone out there done an iPhone to Galaxy note 2 swap and regretted it? Especially from iPhone 5? I love it, but the battery life is utter rubbish, and basically - its an iPhone 4s, with longer screen and slightly faster processor.

Feedback would be muchly appreciated!

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Look on the first few pages of this forum, you'll see 3 or 4 threads exactly like yours. All the questions have been asked and answered multiple times.

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I did the switch but I went from android to iPhone 5 to android again... You won't regret the move to android, switching everything over to android from iOS is going to be a bit of work but well worth it in the long run. I'm not sure what the best way for I photos is though, a quick Google search will lead you to a ton of programs for music though last I checked double twist wasn't compatible with the note 2.

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
You can download Google Play to your computer to sync with your phone. Pretty seamless.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the club. I just switched today. LoL. Like someone else said they're a few posts on the samething

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Jen Clark

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I made the switch and used Easy Phone Sync (free) to bring over my music and text messages from an iTunes backup, and I googled how to create an automator action to sync my photos directly into Photostream via dropbox. Works great.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I just did the opposite. Went from the Note 2 to the iPhone 5. I don't regret my move although the Note 2 is a beast of a phone. I really enjoyed having it. The screen is beautiful. It also has good battery life for such a powerful device. However, the battery is slightly worse than the iPhone 5 in my experience. I used Google Music Manager to sync my google play music to iTunes and it took no time at all. Good luck and congratulations on the new device. Getting new tech is always a lot of fun. Oh by the way, the S pen is crazy awesome.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty