Upgraded a few days ago!

helloyo53

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago, my S2 had started to vibrate every 2 seconds or so and just would not turn on at all. I figured it was just another one of my electronics needing an exorcism (it happens a lot to me).

I work at Future Shop so I brought it in to my friend who works in the cell phone area and asked if he could fix it. He told me probably not so I ended up upgrading to the Note II ($10 early upgrade + $99 new hardware, not bad!)

I love it! The size it perfect for me (I've always loved the larger phones) and I absolutely love the S Pen! The screen looks fantastic and the battery life is amazing compared to my S2 and my Captivate. I can actually play a graphics heavy game for a half an hour and the battery will still be around 30-40% at the end of the day. I am definitely thinking about getting the Note 10.1 now because I want an even bigger screen for the S Note option. I love the S Note app, it's just the screen on the Note II is too small for my crappy writing.

So, does anyone have any nifty tricks/hacks/apps to get the MOST out of my shiny new Note II?

Thanks!
-Brandon

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the community :).

As far as hacks, tips, and tricks go, this phone does a lot right out of the box. Basically, best thing to do is pay with it and find out what you want to do...

Xda-developers forum has a lot of themes and mods up, and the dev community is huge. Feel free to check them out over there and try to find something you might wanna tweak out ;)

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the community!

In my humble opinion, you have the best all-in-one device on the market today. The uses will amaze you long past most devices, and truly the S-pen is the game changer.

I don't use screen protectors (personal preference), so I would recommend a good flip case. I do not use the official Samsung Flip Case, but I found a nice one on Ebay that has a small magnet so that the flap stays closed, and does not move around. The case adds little to no bulk to the phone, yet provides screen protection when carrying the device in a pocket or jacket.

Also, this is just me, but I use the home button to wake the phone, and I do not use a lock screen. If you also decide to go this route, check out an app titled "Application Protection" in the Play Store. The app allows you to lock individual apps from access. I use it to lock all my financial apps, along with Google Drive.

I would also suggest an app titled "Screen Off." This app sits on your home screen and allows you to turn the screen off, after use, without having to fumble around trying to hit the power button.

I wish you the best! You have an amazing device!

Flip Case: Black Magnetic Flip Cover Leather Case Style for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100 | eBay

Application Protection: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=0sAHD53h

helloyo53

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies you guys.

So far I have been blown away with this phone! My past two phones were the Samsung GS Captivate and GS2. The Captivate slowed down greatly after a while (crappy battery life as well) and the GS2 was a decent phone but became a brick as of recently. The thing that's amazed me so far is the battery life on this phone. With my GSC and GS2, I unplugged my phone around 7am each morning, and typical use would force me to plug it in around 9pm. With the N2, I've been unplugging around 7am and it's still around 40-50% at 11PM after playing graphic heavy games!

I'm really excited to play around with this phone some more and really unlock its full potential. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
http://mimeusa.com/product/ghost-glass-screen-protector-for-note-2/ welcome and good luck, great phone. If you are planning on a screen protector then check this out,, tempered glass. It's amazing. No finger prints and truly like nothing at all. Nothing like touching glass.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

I'd be afraid to screw up the installation at that price but definitely seems to be the way to go.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd be afraid to screw up the installation at that price but definitely seems to be the way to go.

I hear yea,, but basically you just line it up and drop it. I did mine in the bathroom as soon as I got out of the shower. The steam makes it a dust free environment. FYI. Good luck with your note 2. Remarkable device.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I hear yea,, but basically you just line it up and drop it. I did mine in the bathroom as soon as I got out of the shower. The steam makes it a dust free environment. FYI. Good luck with your note 2. Remarkable device.

I've had my Note 2 for a while now. :D

I've been on the fence lately. Right now my phone is naked and I use a pocket pouch. I've thought about using the Samsung bumper case with a screen protector but as good as I am with my hands (LOL) I tend to fail screen protectors... Badly.

Take a shower, steamed room and than just throw the protector on and remove bubbles later? I would love to do this so I could just remove phone from pocket and bam there's my phone instead of two handed fumbling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo