Is there a way to prevent music from autostarting when connected to bluetooth?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Every time I start my car, my Note 2 automatically connects to my car's bluetooth system and the Music Player apps automatically starts playing music. Is there any way to prevent it from playing music automatically?

I know I can always go into my phone's Bluetooth Settings and uncheck "Media audio", but I prefer to keep this checked because I still would like to stream audio from other apps, like TuneIn Radio, Pandora, SlingPlayer, or the Navigation app. I usually listen to ESPN Sports Center or the local news through SlingPlayer, but I always have to stop the Music Player app first.

I do have Tasker, but I can't seem to find a way to prevent Music Player from automatically playing.

Any ideas?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Every time I start my car, my Note 2 automatically connects to my car's bluetooth system and the Music Player apps automatically starts playing music. Is there any way to prevent it from playing music automatically?
Do you have Motospeak installed on your phone?

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Try this : in Tasker set up a profile called "car connected" or something. Trigger it with State;net;bluetooth connected and put in the name of your car connection. Then make it run a task clicking media;music stop. That might work. I use my car connected profile to turn on Waze and Beyondpod when it connects.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that was first thing I tried and that didn't work. I also created a task to kill app, and that didn't work either. :(

** Sent from my Galaxy Note II **

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the same annoying issue. If I connect my Note 2 to my Camry's USB connector (simply to charge it), the damn thing always starts up music, interrupting Pandora (playing thru Entune). Drives me nuts. Only solution I've found for the car is never use the USB connector to charge.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Try this : in Tasker set up a profile called "car connected" or something. Trigger it with State;net;bluetooth connected and put in the name of your car connection. Then make it run a task clicking media;music stop. That might work. I use my car connected profile to turn on Waze and Beyondpod when it connects.

I found a setup in Tasker that finally resolved this annoying autostart problem. :D

I created a task called "Stop Music" which does these four actions when it detects a Bluetooth connection with my car:

1) Action 1 mutes the media volume. (Audio > Media Volume > Level 0)
2) Action 2 is an 8 second wait time before doing Action 3 (Task > Wait > 8 seconds)
3) Action 3 stops/closes the Music Player app. (Media > Media Control > Stop)
4) Action 4 increases the media volume to max (Audio > Media Volume > Level 15)

Couple of Notes:
* I had to put in a wait time because without it, it would try to stop the Music Player app before it even loaded. So it would misfire the stop action and the Music Player would start playing.
* I had to mute the media volume at the beginning because if I didn't do that, sometimes I'll hear the first second of the music before it shuts down, which is pretty annoying.

I'm sure there's a simpler way to do this, but so far this setup is working great for me. Now I no longer have to worry about my Tupac music blasting in the car when I go out to lunch with my boss or the CEO of the company. :p

Last edited:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe Power Amp has a setting that prevents this also.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I believe Power Amp has a setting that prevents this also.

I'm having the same problem as the OP, and used the PowerAmp setting to turn off the auto-play on BT connect. So the next time I connected, the stock music player started up. It has no equivalent setting.

Both my wife and I thought there's a system-wide setting to turn off this behavior, but we can't find it. Anyone else know where it is?

bunnybash

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
This is really strange I have never had this issue with my note 2 and I use it with bluetooth media streaming every day!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
In the settings for Media Button Router check disable text to speech. I also unchecked all the programs and set timeout to "to fast". Works like a charm. Only problem is when a program with media gets updated by Google Play it automatically checks its box again so you will need to manually uncheck it after and update.

Posted via Android Central App

KillerWee

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you guys check inside your music program to see if any tracks were set in queue?
I've been having the same issues with my HTC One, and since I have more than one song on there, I found it odd that it was always the same song it was playing.
So I checked it, and sure enough.. It was on queue, but not anymore.. Problem Solved.. :)

Rotgut Redbeard

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I registered just to thank you for the awesome, app-less fix. I opened my music player and deleted the music that was queued. Now there's nothing to play once it connects!

Cheers!

Posted via Android Central App

stueycaster

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks @Sh3ngLong. This took care of the problem. Then I added a second profile named Heatset Menu:

Action 1 is a 10 second wait time so that the first profile can complete. Action 1 (Task>Wait>10 seconds)
Action 2 is a menu with choices. Action 2 (Alert>Menu>Layout=IconGridMenu>Timeout (Seconds)=30>Items>+Action=App>Launch App>Select App 1>+Action=App>Launch App>Select App 2)

Puts a nice little menu up so you can choose your app. You can add as many apps as you want to this menu.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

I know I can always go into my phone's Bluetooth Settings and uncheck "Media audio", but I prefer to keep this checked because I still would like to stream audio from other apps, like TuneIn Radio, Pandora, SlingPlayer, or the Navigation app. I usually listen to ESPN Sports Center or the local news through SlingPlayer, but I always have to stop the Music Player app first.

I do have Tasker, but I can't seem to find a way to prevent Music Player from automatically playing.

Any ideas?

Use xposed modules receivers modual and turn off the bluetooth state receiver on your music app.

Apps have these things called receivers. For example facebook has one that tells it to boot at startup and also to boot on sd card media scan. So to make it not boot at startup you must disable these receivers.

Rom toolbox may also be able to do this but I prefer to use the xposed modules.

By the way, this is a rooted solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress