Assurion replacement on the way. What's the best way to back it up?

phooker62890

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Lap chucked my phone and shattered the screen. Six years with a smartphone and this is my first insurance claim. What's the best way to back up everything? In my blackberry days you could make a carbon copy right down to the ringers...has anything come about for android yet?

sent using FlatBill Magic ?

phooker62890

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Bump with carnage.
pu9upepy.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have root access, just make a backup, and on the new phone, root and restore the backup.

If no root, use Helium to backup apps and app data . Note that you have to have a pc to initialize helium into app backup mode. Otherwise, you can backup apps without a pc, but no app data

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

phooker62890

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
If you have root access, just make a backup, and on the new phone, root and restore the backup.

If no root, use Helium to backup apps and app data . Note that you have to have a pc to initialize helium into app backup mode. Otherwise, you can backup apps without a pc, but no app data

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

What program do you make the backup with one you have root access?

(Also what's the preferred rooting method nowadays? Haven't even looked at rooting since I got this phone.)

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
What program do you make the backup with one you have root access?

(Also what's the preferred rooting method nowadays? Haven't even looked at rooting since I got this phone.)
You can still use Helium but I prefer Titanium Backup.

Many people use Adam Outler's one click Casual method (at xda or Google it) for root which also takes the extra step of unlocking the bootloader so that you can flash custom roms. I'm not sure about a method that only gives you root for the Verizon Note 2 without unlocking the bootloader.

Last edited: