Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Can't hear caller

Manoss

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Just got my Note 2 (N7100) a few weeks ago and I think it's fantastic! Only problem I've encountered so far is that once in a while, when talking via bluetooth and I have an incoming call, I can't hear the caller (although he/she hears me fine) so I need to hang up. When they call me (or I call them) again it's fine.

This is happening 2-3 times per week and - so far - only when talking via bluetooth (I have a Plantronics device). But this could be random (or not?) because I use bluetooth for 90% of the calls, so it might appear without bluetooth in the future.

The phone runs Android 4.1.2, wirhout any rooting, custom ROMs etc.

Do you think I should take it to service? Have you had similar problems? Could it be the bluetooth? Do you think it's a hardware problem? But if it were, wouldn't I have it constantly? (A lot of questions, sorry!).

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hardware issues dont necessarily mean it'll happen consistently. It could be on and off depending on its "mood". ;)

Try and remove then pair the headset to the device again.
If not, you try a factory reset? Usually that's the best step here.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Manoss

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the answer. I'll try re-pairing but if factory reset is the next step this would mean configuring the phone from scratch? Or if I make a backup to the SD card and restore it after the reset I'd be fine without any further need for configuration?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the answer. I'll try re-pairing but if factory reset is the next step this would mean configuring the phone from scratch? Or if I make a backup to the SD card and restore it after the reset I'd be fine without any further need for configuration?

I apologize for the delay in my response. This thread got lost in between all of the threads and I now just found it again.

Before you consider a reset if you haven't done it already consider this; Any possibility it could be the headset? That would be the first thing I checked and some how I missed that when I initially posted.

If its not the headset then you would want to do a factory reset without selecting the restore option. This is critical because when you do an automatic restore you're also risking bringing the issues back with you. This restore basically re downloads the applications again for you but it's still not recommended. You can, however, select "Google back up" during setup after the reset as that backs up important information.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty