Two corrupted Sandisk 64Gb Micro sdxc class ten cards in 4 months

daehttub

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I just had both my primary and backup sandisk cards go bad. I procrastinated and didn't replace my primary card until my backup went bad. Completely bad. Phone and pc could not read it. Sandisk will replace them but I am getting tired of this process. About 2 weeks to get a card back. For now I am using a corrupted card that still has data but cannot not be written to anymore. One of the cards was a sandisk warranty replacement. Just running stock 4.3 android. Just a lot of photos and videos. A boatload of music and downloaded work stuff. No apps on sd card. Data only. I am glad that sandisk stands by their product but this replacement process is a timekiller. Anybody out there have a troublefree 64gb sd card make? Or is this just life with an sd card (and samsung)?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
thats some bad luck.

ive got the Note 2 on Android 4.3 also, in the past ive had both Lexar & Sandisk 64gb Cards.

A month ago I returned a Lexar card for the same issues as you, it corrupted & refused to read or reformat on PC or Phone. Returned it for a refund & am currently using the Sandisk 64gb I'd bought ages ago as a spare. Its been fine for me so far.

My partner has has issues with his Lexar 64gb card, a couple of times the card just decided to 'wipe' the contents, hes still using it, its been fine since the last time. lol. Next time it does it we will return it for a refund, theres only so many times ya can put up with that eh.

So now using the Sandisk 64GB card, it was far cheaper than the Lexar one anyway & has lifetime warranty, and its been perfect. I run the same SD card in my Note 10.1 2012 edition & have never had any problem with it either - *touchwood!

I think it may be something to do with Smartphone technology & SD cards.

Even though Sd cards that are on the market say they are for 'Smartphones' there still seems to be some sort of issue with them.
I dont think its a brand phone issue either

Ive only used Lexar & Sandisk myself, so not sure what issues there are with other brands.

I had thought of trying a Samsung brand SD card - Id like to think if they are made by Samsung & used in a Samsung device - thats gotta be the best solution - right? lol
just a thought

daehttub

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. This makes me wish for the carriers to provide more internal memory for their Samsungs! The time I have wasted on this issue would make the higher price worth it - assuming they do not follow the iPhone flash memory gouging, er, pricing...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
completely relate!

the first time mine crapped out & spent hours on it trying to get it right, searching online for solutions. beyond frustrating!

Il go with a genuine Samsung card if it happens to me again.

But your 100% right, premium brand phones should offer models with larger internal storage.

hoping that will be the case with new Note 4, its due for announcement next week, rumors say it will be offered in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB variants. which would be awesome if these rumors become reality!