Root for Verizon Note 3 on KitKat

yusko932

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Has any one seen a method for rooting on 4.4 for the Verizon note? I tried with Kingo on 4.3 and it told me that it wasn't supported, tried again after the KitKat update and got a message that the server wasn't responding.

yusko932

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've tried Odin, Root de la Vega, and Kingo. None of them have worked on the 4.4.2 build NC4. And I found out Verizon has Samsung blacklist older builds so once we get the update we can't go back. I'm not too concerned about tripping Knox, though.

supreme83

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just so you guys know, this has nothing to do with Verizon "blacklisting" older builds....that is not a thing. What has happened is that Verizon and ATT has put locked bootloaders and once YOU accept the 4.3 or above update in any stock form it will install install KNOX. Knox is a warranty thing and for some people doesn't matter...the locked bootloader wont allow kernels to be changed so custom roms other than stock based are out of the question IF at all possible via a safestrap recovery. You all should be careful and not try random root methods and just because someone says it worked on their phone. The Tmobile phone is not the same as the verizon, sprint, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty