What's next?

JRChristenson

May 12, 2014
Visit site
My Note 3 is coming tomorrow. I will most likely root it almost right away because I like to customize my phone as much as possible. My question is after I gain root access, what it next? Where do I go from there?

Thanks in advance.

Jason :)

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I went straight to this post because that's what I want to know to. I rooted (very, very nervously) and installed clean rom on it and it worked very well. The reason I did it was the same reason I'm looking into it now. Note 3 has so many capabilities with s pen and multitasking but they limit it. Once I rooted my note 2 I could have any app I wanted included in the multiwindow function and it sure would be nice with the little window function (can't remember what you call it but it is where you select an app with the s pen and then that app can float above everthing. Very handy but you can only do it with a limited # of apps.

Before I make that no turning back decision, I want a good sense of what custom Rom to install. I'm not a horrible techy person and so it's nerve wracking enough but I want what's reliable. I had such a great result the 1st time, now I want to do it again to get the full benefit of the Note 3 not to mention getting rid of those stupid custom apps. It drives me nuts that you can't uninstall At&t navigator. Don't need it. Google maps does it for free right now and they've never not got me where I was going. It's my phone, I pay a lot of money to have my phone but At&t, Verizon, all of them think they can tell me what's on my phone. Irritating.

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Lynnpudas- go to Google play search and type in "Uninstall". Select the app called "Uninstall (ROOT)" with a red icon. You can Uninstall anything with that, including AT&T navigation, and all the crap apps, and bloatware that comes with the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer