Is there a one-click (or close) , complete, backup/restore?

mrxmry

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I used to be an iPhone user, and one of the things that I miss the most is the backup and restore through iTunes. It was so just so simple and restored the phone to the exact state it was before, settings and things like notes included. Is there such solution for my Samsung Note3?
It seems that taking an image of the whole phone and copying it back up to the device should be easy enough...it does take a while but is much less of a hassle than individually restoring everything.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nandroid Backup does that, but it requires you to root your phone. However, if you want an 'iTunes-like' experience, you can do that with Samsung Kies. The downside (and the difference with iTunes)? It only lets you restore to the SAME phone. Like, the same hardware. If you get a new Note 3, same exact model (say, for warranty reasons), you can't restore to the new phone.

This is something that most of us agree with: iPhones nailed that process. Android, sadly, has a looooong way to go when it comes to backups/restores, in part, due to the myriad of hardware and OS variations available. But no excuses, it's just a reality.

mrxmry

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Cool thanks, I am gonna give it a shot. Kies is too limited, last time I checked it didnt backup everything. iTunes made it easy for a non-savy user to restore their phone, but from my experience most of my non-tech friends did not even do that. Especially, that many of them had like thousands of pictures and that makes the restore process lengthy one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer