So...what is the release date?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I saw it says release on September 25th in more than 140 countries and then says world wide release in October, but what does that mean? When can we preorder through our carrier and when can we have this in our hand. My Moto X was awesome but I can't stay stuck with 32gb, I have a 64gb One. 32gb on the Note 3 plus SD sounds prefect to me.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For the US it will be October, that's what they said when it came to US availability. It seems like a long wait, but I have GTA 5 and lots of reviews on YouTube from countries that the Note 3 before us to hold me over. :)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Where did you see that?

Actually, I did some looking around. People are interpreting that Sept 25 date as a possible pre order date for US carriers.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There has been no official US release date for any of the big carriers, so take what you see as unofficial dates that are subject to change. I would guess between October and November for sure. Just in time for the Holiday season :)

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Personally i'm okay with a later US launch. Obviously I want the phone as soon as possible, but it will be nice to see plenty of hands on and extended usage reviews before hand. This will also help with quality 3rd party accessories to be ready to go on launch day. If their are any "first run" issues, they should be worked out by the time our launch day comes around.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It will at least have 32 GB. Depends on the carrier if they will offer the 64 GB version or not, but I for one will be pretty happy with 32.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It will at least have 32 GB. Depends on the carrier if they will offer the 64 GB version or not, but I for one will be pretty happy with 32.

Yes the 32GB will do (Provided they dont Clog it up with Sprint Apps that No one wants or will use.) but I would still prefer to see both offered.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder what versions will this 4k video recording option. It's not a deal breaker but a unique feature I suppose. I doubt I'd even use it. lol

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just wonder what versions will this 4k video recording option. It's not a deal breaker but a unique feature I suppose. I doubt I'd even use it. lol

The Snapdragon 800 supports Ultra HD (4k) capture and playback. Not sure the exynos will. So i think the US models will be capable of it. Im wondering what kind of space a 4k video will take up. Maybe a 64 gig MicroSD will be necessary. But like you mentioned I don't imagine ill use it much since nothing i own can display it in full resolution. lol

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

Yeah not to big of a deal with me either, don't get me wrong it's a definite plus, but I don't have anything that uses 4k right now, and for video work I prefer Professional grade equipment.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Why? T-Mobile got the Note II first. Of course I'm biased, but I hope that T-Mobile gets it first.

I say that because I'm bias as well. Also because they haven't tried to get preference for the Moto X.

The Snapdragon 800 supports Ultra HD (4k) capture and playback. Not sure the exynos will. So i think the US models will be capable of it. Im wondering what kind of space a 4k video will take up. Maybe a 64 gig MicroSD will be necessary. But like you mentioned I don't imagine ill use it much since nothing i own can display it in full resolution. lol

That's what I was thinking. It's kind of like 3D at this point, a gimmick that we can't really take advantage of for now, lol.

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I hope in the UK it comes out on the 25th of September.

Wondering what the cost would be per month?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
3d is a gimmick that gave me a headache when I had the Evo 3d. The 3d effect was pretty cool, but just added depth and had nothing popping out.

TitaniumSS, are you in a LTE area for Sprint?

I saw in one of the many videos I watched were someone looked at the useable amount of storage on the phone and it showed 20 GB. I couldn't tell if that phone was already clogged up with people adding pics and videos or not, but since it was a non carrier version, it didn't have carrier bloatware on it. That'd be 12 GB worth of stuff pre installed on the phone, no wonder there is no 16 GB version!

I already have a 64 GB microSD card, but if Sprint carries it, I will go for the 64 GB version, but I won't be too upset if I land up with "only" 32.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
3d is a gimmick that gave me a headache when I had the Evo 3d. The 3d effect was pretty cool, but just added depth and had nothing popping out.

TitaniumSS, are you in a LTE area for Sprint?

I saw in one of the many videos I watched were someone looked at the useable amount of storage on the phone and it showed 20 GB. I couldn't tell if that phone was already clogged up with people adding pics and videos or not, but since it was a non carrier version, it didn't have carrier bloatware on it. That'd be 12 GB worth of stuff pre installed on the phone, no wonder there is no 16 GB version!

I already have a 64 GB microSD card, but if Sprint carries it, I will go for the 64 GB version, but I won't be too upset if I land up with "only" 32.

Internal 32 gig formatted is just under 30 gig available. Still close to 10 gigs used though on that model. Sounds right considering they bypassed the 16. Those have just under 15 formatted. 4 gigs remaining on first boot would be a serious problem for just about anyone.

Thank God this phone has removable storage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa