S Note Missing Shape Recognition

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I do in home sales for exterior renovation projects. I have found the shape recognition feature of SNote to be extremely useful the past year on the Note2, but now that I've switched to the Note3, I can't find the feature anymore in S Note! I need this feature and use it to design plan drawings for fencing, decks, siding etc.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Samsung has removed some of the S Note features in the new version that were in the older version. I am not sure if that one was removed yet. Apparently there were many customers complaining about the difficulty in the learning curve with all of the original S Note features so Samsung tried to scale it back to be more user friendly. I am kind of bummed that they took features away and might not keep mine if they removed some that I used on my Note 2.

Posted via Android Central App

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Any app you know of that I can still use to make straight line technical drawings?

Posted via Android Central App

Have't searched for cad programs yet, but straight lines you get from Papyrus. It is fine note program by the way. For simple notes (without charts) it's way better than the S-note. I like especially the dynamic paper size. The only real problem is, that you cannot launch it from the air command nor from the multi-window menu.

Edit: correction!! You can launch it from the multi-window. Didn't notice it was among the supported icons. It seems to be fully supported, meaning you can split the screen.