Samsung keyboard much better than google one on note 3

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I was on S4 and never got used to the keyboard so switched to Google. But on Note 3 I tried Google did not get used to it and went back on the Samsung one which works much better and faster maybe because of the screen size than google. In fact I am typing faster on it than before.

Posted via Android Central App

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I've wanted to like other keyboards, but no matter how many I try, I always end up with my favorite, Swype with Dragon. I find the method for punctuation is second to none. Swiping from the question mark our exclamation point to the space bar is instantaneous. No hitting a button and waiting for punctuation. Again that's not to hate on the others, I just can't find one I like better.

brosenz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I was on S4 and never got used to the keyboard so switched to Google. But on Note 3 I tried Google did not get used to it and went back on the Samsung one which works much better and faster maybe because of the screen size than google. In fact I am typing faster on it than before.

Is there a way to remove the Long press Numbers and Symbols from the standard Samsung Keyboard?

What is weird is that I've seen videos on Youtube with clean Samsung keyboard, with no long press symbols or character on the letters or numbers, so I do not understand why my phone has those, see attached print screen. "+ on the Q", "= on the E", "@ on the A", etc.

Attachments

• Keyboard.jpg
    Keyboard.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 122

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to remove the Long press Numbers and Symbols from the standard Samsung Keyboard?

What is weird is that I've seen videos on Youtube with clean Samsung keyboard, with no long press symbols or character on the letters or numbers, so I do not understand why my phone has those, see attached print screen. "+ on the Q", "= on the E", "@ on the A", etc.

See, if I could get it so that I just swipe the punctuation or symbols, like you've mentioned, I'd probably love that keyboard

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Must be somewhere in settings. Has to be. I don't have them at all. I think check in your settings and try to see there.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried it and thought I liked it at first,, it is a good keyboard but after a few hours I quickly missed SwiftKey and installed.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I love the new keyboard. I love the fact that it has auto correct now, instead where before it would not correct your mistakes, instead it would give you a suggestion. Since I'm a pretty fast texter this is KEY for me. They implemented what Google keyboard and swift key had so I'm a happy camper. I love the numbers on the top and the fact that I can have emojis on it built in. Idk if the others do it but I'm sticking with the new Samsung keyboard. My only wish is that it should have a dark mode. Because I kinda don't like the white keys. 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a Galaxy S3 before and installed different keyboards... but the stock Samsung keyboard on the Galaxy Note 3 seems really good.

Last edited:

tahnir

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Reading all that makes me laugh.....I came from an iOS background and there you had the one keyboard, if you didn't like it too bad. Yay for customisation!

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I agree...The keyboard on the Note 3 is wayyy better than the keyboard I had on my old Note 2 and S4. I use to use the Google Keyboard also but now I don't.

JvKintheUSA

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Love the keyboard on the note 3 as well. I only wish that you could customize the key next to the space bar like you could on the note 2.

Sent from my Note 3 on AT&T

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I really like the next word prediction with SwiftKey. Vastly increases my typing speed. That would be hard for me to give up.

BrianBaker

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
i just need a more convenient comma button and i'll be golden..long press period to get to a comma is stupid..Or hitting Sym to get to comma is stupid as well..Other than that it is awesome

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty