SD Card - What's best for Note 3. What categories are supported?

Huntrowmar

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
My N3 shipped today. Want to get a good quality SD card. Not sure what to get. With 4K video, shouldn't you need Category 10 or UHS-1? Or does the note even handle speeds this high? I haven't found any definitive answer. Don't want to spend money on a UHS-1 if the phone only supports Category 6 or 10. Thoughts?

FanOfAnything

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
My N3 shipped today. Want to get a good quality SD card. Not sure what to get. With 4K video, shouldn't you need Category 10 or UHS-1? Or does the note even handle speeds this high? I haven't found any definitive answer. Don't want to spend money on a UHS-1 if the phone only supports Category 6 or 10. Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure it supports both I heard that it also runs with 64GB no problem but I don't think Samsung officially said that it supports it

Posted via Android Central App

DavidN1966

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a scan disk 64g class 10 card in my N3 and it runs flawless at 1st I has to re format it and then it ran beautifully

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
So does the N3 doesnt support or cant handle the uhs-1 speeds? That's a bummer because I ordered one yesterday

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
In another thread about the phone overheating, supposedly people are claiming that with a microsd card inserted, the phone will heat up more noticeably so than without a chip in it. I can't back that up as I don't have a note 3 yet, but I guess it's something to keep in mind?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty