texting from iphone to note 3 not working

sasfood

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Note 3 for a few days now and love it but one issue i cant figure out is that my wife and some friends (all with iphones) can all receive my texts, but when they
reply to me it tries to send as an imessage from their side, which i obviously never get since i'm not on iphone anymore.
Not sure how to change this, is it something on their end or something on my end? Thanks...

jamal2323

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you turned off Imessage on your old iPhone and if that doesn't work go into your Apple account and delete your phone from it.

Posted via Android Central App

angelicruin

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I had this same issue until about an hour ago. I had to turn off iMessaging on my old iPhone and my iPad and I went to the Apple Support Profile page to unregister my iPhone with Apple. Now I am getting texts on my Note 3 from iPhone users. Gotta love Apple trying to keep its claws in you. ;)

sasfood

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
thanks, i just both of those, turned of imessage on my iphone5 and also unregistered the iphone from the apple support page. Thanks for the quick replies.

jd6102

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks this has been driving my wife and friends crazy. Doesn't bother me much, but at least I'll get their messages now. Really liking this phone so far. Just got it yesterday.

Posted via Android Central App

Denoir

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I receved my Note 3 about 2 1/2 weeks ago and was able to receive text from iphones for the first 4 days. Since then I have erased and removed the iphone from my icloud account, wnt to the AT&T store where they took my sim card and put it in an iphone and turned off imessage, unregistered my phone with Apple and finally asked my friends with iphones to go into contacts and change my phone from the "iphone" setting to mobile.
I still cannot receive text messages from iphone users..................HELP!

blanier98

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yea it would have been nice of the guy at Verizon to have told me that before I made the transition to the Note 3 from iPhone 4S

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I receved my Note 3 about 2 1/2 weeks ago and was able to receive text from iphones for the first 4 days. Since then I have erased and removed the iphone from my icloud account, wnt to the AT&T store where they took my sim card and put it in an iphone and turned off imessage, unregistered my phone with Apple and finally asked my friends with iphones to go into contacts and change my phone from the "iphone" setting to mobile.
I still cannot receive text messages from iphone users..................HELP!

Sounds like you have done all the right things to deactivate iMessages from your phone number. There is one other thing you can try, log into your iTunes account and change your Apple ID password. I have had to do that in the past as a last resort to deactivate iMessages. One other item to mention, for your iPhone friends, have them check their settings under iMessage and ensure that the option to send as SMS is checked, this option is off by default in iOS 7. Using that option will allow any messages that they send through iMessage that fails will revert to SMS. Lastly, you have been on the Note 3 for 2 1/2 weeks, the good news is - if all else fails you only have about 1 1/2 weeks to go because - After thirty days of inactivity through iMessage your number will drop off automatically, meaning the problem with iMessage and your number should be solved.