Best Camera App for Note??

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
It's like people have mentioned the app that comes with note 3 sucks & the app they use is better, but nobody will respond to the question WHICH CAMERA APP IS BETTER?? :confused: :confused:

Cheers, Jon

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Yea, good question. Photo quality-wise almost any paid app probably is better. However, not many can do all the things that stock camera does. Like 120fps video. And switching between two programs, thats a nightmare.

Sent using Note3

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I can take those people seriously. So far the complaints I've seen have been on pictures taken with the Auto setting, as if the camera had no other settings or adjustments that could be made.

Your question will probably generate a lot of opinions about various third party apps. I would suggest also seeking reviews of how the various modes on the default camera handle different types of pictures/scenes.

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have Camera ZOOM FX, too, mainly because I saw it recommended at one or more tech sites I follow and was able to get it on sale at a nice discount. But usually I use the stock camera. Unless there's some specific feature an alternative camera app has that I want to use, the stock camera is usually fine for me.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
People are too fussy. It's primarily a phone with a mediocre camera lens, no matter what software you use you will never get SLR quality. It's pretty decent at taking snapshots, amazing in fact that a phone can take pictures this good.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
People are too fussy. It's primarily a phone with a mediocre camera lens, no matter what software you use you will never get SLR quality. It's pretty decent at taking snapshots, amazing in fact that a phone can take pictures this good.

People aren't talking about getting SLR quality photos... here's a problem with the stock camera app that causes it to over process low-light photos making them look blurry.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
People aren't talking about getting SLR quality photos... here's a problem with the stock camera app that causes it to over process low-light photos making them look blurry.

I hope they remembered to peel the protective plastic off the lens.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I took this picture in a P.F. Chang's late in the evening. I accessed the camera via the S-View Cover. I am pleased with the results considering the low light. I did make sure to hold the phone as still as possible when I took the shot.

9AMeoSv.jpg

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I can take those people seriously. So far the complaints I've seen have been on pictures taken with the Auto setting, as if the camera had no other settings or adjustments that could be made.

Your question will probably generate a lot of opinions about various third party apps. I would suggest also seeking reviews of how the various modes on the default camera handle different types of pictures/scenes.

Not wanting to sound like there is not a valid argument the note 3 camera should be better for what the phone costs....but every singe time someone mentions the camera doesn't take good photos you can find 100s of note 3 pics on all settings in day and low light that look truly awesome for a phone shooter.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

norfolkgarden

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine had a plastic film lens cover in the box. It doesn't show up well until you drag it out of your pocket a half dozen times.

Low light this camera sucks. So does the app. I miss the app settings from my Galaxy S2. That sucked in low light as well, but not quite as bad. More importantly, there were several things I could do easier without the fun shot BS. Text setting is a must. And my hands shake quite a bit, so saying "Hold the camera still" isn't a lot of help.

Focus and Image stabilization in the S2 just seemed much better.

I found this thread looking for a better app than stock for the NOTE 3. Now that I figured out how to root my phone so I could use Google Maps 6.14.2 instead of their new 7.ANY pure POS,
I guess I need to look around for the APK file for the old S2 camera app.

2013-11-13 75 gallon tank shot actinic light NOTE 3.jpg

This tank shot should be ridiculously blue (actinic lighting) instead of ridiculously purple. The old S2 was far from perfect, but it did a much better job of getting it right.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez