application manager??

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Under application manager there are 3 separate tabs that shows the apps that you have downloaded, apps that are running and something else. Even after I close out all the apps byholding the home button it still shows that some apps are running. Even ones I don't use. Could that be killing my battery? And is there a way to close those apps too?

Posted via Android Central App

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Let me see if I understand correctly because you are mentioning application manager and home button. Under home button you have the button to close the apps, google search and the one on the left that is a partial app manager. Under that one you have Active apps, Download, Ram, Clear default, and Storage. If you got to Active applications and have any active one there after you have closed the other ones, you can hit the button on the right that says end all. There are some apps that are persisten in staying open, one is google play music and the other one is my magazine (as far as I know). These apps might have an effect on your battery. Now if you don't use them, then you can go to settings....general.... application manager and once there you can go to All and either stop the disable the app or uninstall it depending on whether is one you downloaded or part of the bloat ware. Now under the Running tab, there are a couple of them that you can stop but the majority are part of the system, so I would not mess with them besides those that are under Running are basically part of the RAM, and will eventually find their way back to the RAM memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non