Samsung Note 3: "Prevention Information" Message

Sammy Shortland

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 3 "Prevention Information" Message

Guys, this is all caused due to an app called KNOX... it's basically a boys (or girl's) best friend where they can stash inappropriate pics and everything and no one can get into them without your set password.. you should be able to deactivate it and clear all data after.. then it should stop the prevention warnings. It's no bug or virus, It's just the app trying to be used through your pics and all..

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Guys, this is all caused due to an app called KNOX... it's basically a boys (or girl's) best friend where they can stash inappropriate pics and everything and no one can get into them without your set password.. you should be able to deactivate it and clear all data after.. then it should stop the prevention warnings. It's no bug or virus, It's just the app trying to be used through your pics and all..

Problem is is that most of us do not have KNOX installed. Only the core files stashed into 4.3 from Samsung is there....and yes, clearing cache, data, and then force stopping it does stop the messages but after a reboot, it comes back. This shouldn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I had this annoying problem

To stop it:

Go to "Google Settings" > "Verify Apps" > Un-tick the box.

Gonna try this.

ioannisgk

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

I can confirm that the MJ7 update from Samsung fixes the error. At last!

Sent from my SM-N9005

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The messages is so annoying....I've try all the things said in this post and the messages come back after awhile.

super note 3 user

tyrcha

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I do not know if this is will help anyone, but I just spoke with Samsung, specifically the devision that handles Knox. I was told that this is a know error with the knox hardware that does not have a fix. The error message started coming up immediately after the hands free activation. The only applications that were installed were preloaded. I was told to check the do not show for 30 days and that hopefully there will be a fix by then. I assume that they are going to have to release a firmware update soon to solve the hardware issue. Hope this helps someone.

Jr

Last edited:

tyrcha

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Yea my note3 seems to all ofba sudden be pissing through battery life.... smh

I have a brand new Note 3 charged the battery for 12 hours(not a new battery have already cycled it 5 times 100% to 0% with old note 3) and turned it out this morning around 6AM(chicago) I have since only installed maildroid with 4 accounts and an alarm clock. currently it is 2 pm and the battery is reading at 84% remaining. battery usage stats 8 hours, 22% of battery usage is screen, 17% is voice calls, 16% is play services and 16% is android os. The remainder is minor. The error message does not seem to be using any additional battery.

Jr

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Maybe if we uninstall only the updates of this apps it will help?

Sent from my SM-N9005

Uninstall the Samsung Note Keyboard, ANT + and ANT + Plugins apps upgrades, then disable the apps and uninstall them. Reboot. Then reinstall the apps from a computer (not from your phone, will not let you) and reboot your mobile. From google play and push them to your phone. This steps fixed my Note 3 after the OTA update for 4.3 that was having Wifi, Google Play and Bluetooth connection issues. All now is working like the first day.

Gogals Modelling

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

cannot be it still the same message after i off and on wifi( data off). i just reset it twice with no app installed yet! who can tell me. is freaking irritating

Cuda62

May 17, 2012
Visit site

Just a heads up....
Picked up the phone about 30 minutes ago, and found a dialog box that a Security Update had been applied.
Restarted the phone twice, and kicked the WiFi on and off a few times, and no more warning.
Edit: On TMobile.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRepairGuy