Looking for a widget that shows the tasks in my calendar?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
DigiCal will do what you like and has its own calendar that I liked better than the default calendar. Will even show weather if you like.

DrBald1

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Dog5000, I'm with DoctorTTT....I can't see Task at all with the stock calendar. I want to see them in the "mini today" widget, but they don't show up.

I created these tasks on Google Calendar on my desktop....are the tasks you're seeing only those created on the Samsung?

I'm really disappointed I can't see my Google tasks on my calendar. This (and Samsung's dumb idea to disable lockscreen widgets) may send me back to Windows Phone.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Dog5000, I'm with DoctorTTT....I can't see Task at all with the stock calendar. I want to see them in the "mini today" widget, but they don't show up.

I created these tasks on Google Calendar on my desktop....are the tasks you're seeing only those created on the Samsung?

I'm really disappointed I can't see my Google tasks on my calendar. This (and Samsung's dumb idea to disable lockscreen widgets) may send me back to Windows Phone.

Yes, I created the tasks via the Samsung Calendar. Those tasks do not show up in my Google calendar on my desktop.

I access the Tasks in the stock Samsung Calendar by clicking on the Task tab in the bottom right hand corner of the Samsung Calendar app.

I can see Tasks in the 4x2 Mini today widget.

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is related or not but I had the whole month calender widget set on my Note3 homescreen but just installed Nova Launcher and now find the WHOLE month widget isn't available (only calendar 2x2 or 2x3)!? I don't understand why a launcher would change available widgets. If i go back to touchwiz it's back available.

Robert

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

ekua26

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I too is looking for something that shows the STOCK Tasks. No body reads anymore. We are looking for something that will list just the TASKS. We are not looking for calendar line items. There was a Widget that I loved but it was dropped after one of Samsung's upgrade.

I too have tried different apps but nothing gets to the Stock Tasks that I added through the Stock Calendar. We are aware of the Task list inside the Calendar...Year, Month, Week, Day, List, and then Task. Yes, this is ok, but we want a "Widget" that we can put on a dedicated page by itself; something that is scroll-able, and only show Task created in our phone, under the Calendar Stock application. Please help me...us...anyone?

mapster1

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I too is looking for something that shows the STOCK Tasks. No body reads anymore. We are looking for something that will list just the TASKS. We are not looking for calendar line items. There was a Widget that I loved but it was dropped after one of Samsung's upgrade.

I too have tried different apps but nothing gets to the Stock Tasks that I added through the Stock Calendar. We are aware of the Task list inside the Calendar...Year, Month, Week, Day, List, and then Task. Yes, this is ok, but we want a "Widget" that we can put on a dedicated page by itself; something that is scroll-able, and only show Task created in our phone, under the Calendar Stock application. Please help me...us...anyone?

I'm with you! I want my task LIST available again!! I hate this update!!!

Jigar Pansiniya

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I am using this ipro To - Do Wigdet. It has many options like alarms, moving tasks to different dates, sync with multiple devices etc. and a very good flat design.

likespecialk

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I use S Calendar and the Mini Today widget to display tasks, but my problem is that I cannot see tasks that were due in previous days, but not completed, and I have a number of tasks with no due date. When you make a task it is sticky to the day you made it, or make it due. If you have NO due date, it COMPLETELY DISAPPEARS. I need to be able to see those 'no due date' tasks, and the tasks that were due but not completed to remain on my daily reminders until they are done.

rayeliza

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I am using GTO task from TinjaSoft. It is a good task widget. The main problem is faded out. I stopped for 6 months and using Gtask because sync problem on GTO. It seemed to be solved now.

GHSteadman

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
"Tasks Free" or "Tasks" is EXACTLY what you're looking for!

"Tasks Free" is exactly what you're looking for. It provides a widget which will show the STOCK tasks from your Google account. It'll even allow you to pull tasks from multiple Google accounts if you want to. The paid version ($0.99) "Tasks" does the same minus ads. Search the Play Store for either of these from the developer "Team Tasks". I believe I read the development team for this app/widget is a group of Googlers but I can't confirm that personally.

AlexJ9

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Nooooo. Tasks Free is not what they're looking for. Tasks free syncs up with Google Tasks. They want something the syncs up with the stock tasks on the android calendar. THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING AS GOOGLE TASKS.

The conclusion from this two-year thread is that the Samsung default calendar's "task" option is not supported by any apps and those who want good task tracking should never try to use the default android task.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress