How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

marleneeee

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Go to Google Settings. It should already be installed into ur andriod. Click the Ads. Then the first thing you see will be a switch which you turn on and off asking u if you would like to Opt out of interest based ads. That's should work.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Go to Google Settings. It should already be installed into ur andriod. Click the Ads. Then the first thing you see will be a switch which you turn on and off asking u if you would like to Opt out of interest based ads. That's should work.

No, as I already said in this thread, this is not remotely related to getting pop up ads.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Unwanted pop-up ads are generally caused by an app. I would suggest uninstalling apps one at a time until the problem stops (around the time adds started). If this does not work, download Malwarebites & run scan. If this does not work, go to their forums - lot of good advice. Last I would install "addons detector"; can be confusing to use, click on "help" & follow directions. The bad guys in some cases have changed tactics & installed an "addon" to an existing app instead of including on the bad app.I have both installed & run scans periodically; have never had a problem.

ben rigney

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
don't know if anyone is still interested,last night left a tab 2 plugged in and wifi on... opened it this morn to a brand new screen and lots &lots of pop up ads about every 20 secs.did all the suggestions to find out what was up nothing worked til 10 min ago took me online to "appsplayer" after uninstalling everything already.remembered seeing this in miscellaneous files under storage,found and removed it everything fine.I'm a cromag at this stuff so does anyone have info on this whatever it is? thanks And my tab is set to notify me of updates before doing anything how did this happen?

ben rigney

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
sorry spoke too soon.in my frenzy to fix pop up problem i turned off wifi.that is why i wasn"t getting all the ads.when turned it back on full sceen ads once again came up every time i pressed an icon and once in avast pop ups happen every 10 sec.. when tuned off am taken online to website.Im using avast and it tells me i have malware called com.android system bluetooth and com.android.providers.wifi under each of those trojan detected Android.Rootnik-M[Trj}.when i try to have issue resolved avast says it was unsuccesful..all the free apps i had were downloaded from the google app store so i find a little hard to believe free apps were responsible...firefox addons are the only thing google wont let me load up and warns me they aren't approved.

ChEye St0kiNG

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I've got the Samsung Alpha and I'm getting pop ups to the play store or links to websites... The link is about 100 characters long and it's some bull**** say my Samsung Alpha battery is low. I've contacted AVG just waiting on a reply...

this_Blonde_chick

May 5, 2016
Visit site
It's a tedious thing to do, but I'd make sure your contacts & calendar are backed up, get a list of your apps, then do a factory reset. Re-install your apps, fresh from the play store, a few at a time. If the popups happen again, then you will be able to narrow it down to those that you had most recently added back.

Be aware that it isn't just one app that's causing this either, and when you do find which ones are doing it, make sure to make a note somewhere. Also, if you let someone else play with your phone, make sure they know not to install those apps as well.

TBC~ the suggestion above is actually what started these ads back up on my phone. I remember I had an issue with pop up ads when I first got the phone but can't remember what I did to get rid of them but I was able to and didn't have to deal with them anymore. I recently got completely locked out of my phone and had to do a factory reset. Within a day the pop up ads were back and now I can't get rid of them.

lokesh m

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I had the same pop up ads issue.. even when I closed all the apps.. these ads were popping up from home page... tried hell lot of apps to scan apps to find which app is occurring but no use...
I already had clean master app... I was just deleting some apps thinking this problem will solve.. while doing that I found an option to check recently downloaded apps like 3 days ago and found a app called video player.. it was downloaded automatically when I was surfing Web. .. and it was not listed in menu nor in apps list.. after I deleted it finally I got rid of this popup apps..

Thanks to clean master... it really worked guys no need of rooting ur mobile...

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
sorry spoke too soon.in my frenzy to fix pop up problem i turned off wifi.that is why i wasn"t getting all the ads.when turned it back on full sceen ads once again came up every time i pressed an icon and once in avast pop ups happen every 10 sec.. when tuned off am taken online to website.Im using avast and it tells me i have malware called com.android system bluetooth and com.android.providers.wifi under each of those trojan detected Android.Rootnik-M[Trj}.when i try to have issue resolved avast says it was unsuccesful..all the free apps i had were downloaded from the google app store so i find a little hard to believe free apps were responsible...firefox addons are the only thing google wont let me load up and warns me they aren't approved.

Any APK file downloaded i.e. showbox from outside sources is the issue.

Jon Sobels-Craven

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.

Try this
Power off your device
Power up
Go to settings apps running apps
If there are any freeware games auto starting, uninstall them
Check running apps to make sure they are gone
The problem is this is a valid part of an app so not picked up as an ad or malware
The apps autostart so are running as background tasks

K O1

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.
. I was having the same issue. All you need to do is uninstall the apps you downloaded from the internet and go to download history and delete the apk too. I did it and it worked for me. I hope it worked

Nicholas Soileau

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem on my samsung tablet and after several uninstallers and anti viruses I foundnthe problem app. It was MXPlayer downloaded from pureapk.com. It wasnt even supposed to be a ceacked pro version, I finally got it with ES Pro Antivrus. I will not be going outside of playstore anymore. Avoid pureapk.com. I almost did a hard restart but ESGo found it within 5 min both the installed apk and the downloaded apk popped up. Uninstalled and no more pop ups, hope this helps.

Feras Hamid

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Bro look I have the similar problem! Like when an ad pops up does it show like opt out on any corner of the screen that can be fixed just search on YouTube how to do it but if it doesn't have opt out then most probably it is an app so just get awast antivirus and scan!!!

Steve manderson

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
It's very simple if you know how...
1. Go to settings
2. Click apps
3. Search for app with no name
(Prob at bottom of list and usually blank or white symbol)
4. Uninstall that app

After u have uninstalled and got rid of the problem, use avast or malware bytes to repair the damage already done to the phone.

Hope this helps

mak arthur

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
If it is Google Play popup

on Samsung S9+

Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play

1. Disable Notification
2. Disable Apps Permission

Must do 1 and 2, if not the permission granted to Goggle Play will change your setting 1.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch