Help with my Verizon note 3

rockrchic923

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I have had a signal problem for about a week. In two different rooms of my house I either drop from 4G to 3G or drop to no signal at all. I hadnt had an issue up until right about a week ago, but I haven't downloaded anything new. I am using my old sim card from my note 2 and I am wondering if I should switch out to the new card that came with it or if I should take my phone into a Verizon store.

Anyone else having issues with their signals or have any suggestions for me to try?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure you've tried restarting the phone? Mine has been working the same as my note 2 buy I'm also using the sim card that came with my note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
So I have had a signal problem for about a week. In two different rooms of my house I either drop from 4G to 3G or drop to no signal at all. I hadnt had an issue up until right about a week ago, but I haven't downloaded anything new. I am using my old sim card from my note 2 and I am wondering if I should switch out to the new card that came with it or if I should take my phone into a Verizon store.

Anyone else having issues with their signals or have any suggestions for me to try?

Thanks

Does this happen outside of your house? If not, I would not assume it's your device. That sort of thing can happen in homes. I do not think you have a signal problem it may just be the transmission cannot get to certain rooms in your home. I would use Wifi instead....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try your note 2 in the same locations to see if you still have problems.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Put the Sim card in that came with the note 3. The Sim card has been upgraded. There is another thread where someone took their note 3 back to Verizon and the rep told them to keep the note 3 Sim and put in their note 2 cause it had been improved.

rockrchic923

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay I think I may change the sim card and see what that does. Now for the stupid question, do I just put in the new sim card and it will activate itself or do I need to call Verizon and have them activate it?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon to activate the sim. There will be directions that comes with the sim

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro