SwiftKey on Note 3

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else have their keyboard size change on SwiftKey? The option to change keyboard size has disappeared. This is particularly annoying on a phone this size. I prefer the smaller keyboard. There goes one hand operation.

sent from my Note 3

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I just received an update a couple hours ago. If you hold the number key in the bottom left corner you get a pop-up with new options for keyboard size, layout, and even a compact (one-handed) mode. Pretty slick. Still waiting for them to add the option of a fifth row for numbers similar to the stock Note keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just received an update a couple hours ago. If you hold the number key in the bottom left corner you get a pop-up with new options for keyboard size, layout, and even a compact (one-handed) mode. Pretty slick. Still waiting for them to add the option of a fifth row for numbers similar to the stock Note keyboard.

Wow! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

sent from my Note 3

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm looking for!

If you go into settings > support > make a suggestion, it takes you to a page full of suggestions you can vote one. Type in number in the box and the first result is what we're looking for. I go and vote from time to time hoping they will do something about it eventually.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Figured some of you may also be interested to see this. Just got 2 emails from SwifKey, the first saying the optional number row feature is "Under Review" and then a couple minutes later saying it's going from Under Review to "Planned"

I hope they get this done soon. I've been waiting for this feature for a while and I'm really happy to see that SwiftKey is listening.

2013-11-07 18.52.54.jpg
2013-11-07 18.54.27.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, SwiftKey confirmed they're (finally!) working on Top Number Row and, wait for it... Emojis. :D Now, if they only added custom skin support, SK would be perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Undock is the best!

I find the undocked mode in the Samsung Keyboard way less obtrusive. Besides, that huge, ugly button tab at the bottom? Really??!!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Nice find

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

crazyhairboy

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded SwiftKey. I like the customization.
One thing I'm going to miss is the option that when I have my stylus out I like the option of handwriting input. Is there a way to have both?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded SwiftKey. I like the customization.
One thing I'm going to miss is the option that when I have my stylus out I like the option of handwriting input. Is there a way to have both?

Not at the moment. SwiftKey is so good it's worth losing that feature. I would hardly use that feature anyway.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Loving this SwiftKey but sometimes it goes back to the stock keyboard. Mainly when I am browsing on Chrome. Not sure what is causing it.