Rebooting cycle?

Sperafucile

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the endless rebooting cycle? Any solutions, apart from sending the phone back for replacement??

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the endless rebooting cycle? Any solutions, apart from sending the phone back for replacement??

Do you have a memory card in? Noticed when it was happening to me, whenever I removed my SD card and rebooted it would stop. I ended up getting a new memory card and haven't had the reboots since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Try this:

Go to:

Settings > Connections > WiFi > (menu soft button) Advanced

Uncheck 'Always Allow Scanning' (5th item down on Advanced settings page).

Go back to Home screen, long-hold power button, and select 'Restart' from the dialog box that appears.

Hopefully this will resolve the problem for you. The 'Always Allow Scanning' advanced setting under WiFi isn't really necessary and can cause boot loop issues. My Note 3 began doing this and removing the external SD card would stop the boot loop from occurring, thus leading me to assume the problem was related to the SD card is some way. This turned out to not be the case.

ETA: Strangely enough swapping my SD card out for a new one did stop the reboot loop for a few power cycles, then it started happening again with the new SD card installed. Turning off 'Always allow scanning' resolved the issue for my Note 3. Should the problem return give this a try.

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Try this:
ETA: Strangely enough swapping my SD card out for a new one did stop the reboot loop for a few power cycles, then it started happening again with the new SD card installed. Turning off 'Always allow scanning' resolved the issue for my Note 3. Should the problem return give this a try.

Good to know...thank! Now I know if this ever happens again, what to do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sperafucile

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank so much everyone. I tried Dean's fix and it has worked! I have also posted this on Samsung Mobile UK's Facebook and Twitter accounts 'cos I really think that, as this is an expensive smartphone, I don't see why they should take some responsibility for their products!

Sperafucile

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
You might be interested that all Samsung Mobile UK could come up with was to return the unit! Not very helpful or constructive!

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
You might be interested that all Samsung Mobile UK could come up with was to return the unit! Not very helpful or constructive!

Wow - that sucks!

I very recently had a similar tech support issue with ASUS. Their BIOS flash utility failed during a BIOS update and all but bricked my field service ASUS laptop. They refused to issue a billable (non-warranty) RMA to re-flash the BIOS because I had upgraded the RAM (they were refusing to service the notebook because I couldn't ship it back with the original hardware installed). Ultimately I was issued a RMA but it cost me 4 hours of time and frustration in 2 separate calls and escalation through two layers of management (along with a threat to stop recommending ASUS products to my clients). I was uneasy during the time the notebook was in ASUS' hands concerned that they might pull my RAM or overwrite my OS installation. Ultimately the repair was done right and my notebook is up and running. After more than 15 years of issue free use of ASUS hardware (and support when required for a client) they have now left me with the distinct impression that their front end tech support is incompetent and I'm still trying to decide if I want to continue using their products professionally.

It's a shame to see tech support for high tech products given such low priority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress