Easier way to access Chrome bookmarks?

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I use Chrome on my SGN3, but I don't like how Chrome shows you bookmarks in that terrible icon view instead of an easy list view. I have seen a "bookmark" apps in the Play Store, but none that I can see which sync with my Chrome bookmarks. Does anyone have a nice solution for this?

Rob
:)

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome Beta: all your folders are in a list and your bookmarks are in a list inside of them. (Note: I don't know the technical reasons why but when you first install the Beta version your folders/bookmarks are set out as in the Stable version, but after a relatively short while they covert in to lists).

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome Beta: all your folders are in a list and your bookmarks are in a list inside of them. (Note: I don't know the technical reasons why but when you first install the Beta version your folders/bookmarks are set out as in the Stable version, but after a relatively short while they covert in to lists).

Is Chrome Beta in the Play Store? (I have looked; I couldn't find it.) Maybe that just means this feature will be appearing soon enough.

opmom

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a slightly different problem. I installed apps on my galaxy s4 and moved then to my sd card. Then my sd card died and I had to remove it permanently. I now have broken shortcuts from all the apps but they point to the damaged old card. I can't reinstall or update the apps (I get different errors depending on the app but it basically thinks they are already there). How can I get rid of all the broken links?

Posted via Android Central App

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Question about Chrome Beta:

How come it suddenly doesn't display Bookmarks as a list? The new icon bookmarks are terrible -- hard to navigate (requires more scrolling) and hard to read the full page titles, etc.

I can't, for the life of me, find a way to revert it back to the list. I don't know why it changed to the icon format all of a sudden.

Any advice?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Question about Chrome Beta:

How come it suddenly doesn't display Bookmarks as a list? The new icon bookmarks are terrible -- hard to navigate (requires more scrolling) and hard to read the full page titles, etc.

I can't, for the life of me, find a way to revert it back to the list. I don't know why it changed to the icon format all of a sudden.

Any advice?
In the top bar enter: chrome://flags then scroll down to "Enable the new NTP". Click on the box to select "Enable" then a little pop-up box at the bottom of the screen will appear to ask you to relaunch to save the changes.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
In the top bar enter: chrome://flags then scroll down to "Enable the new NTP". Click on the box to select "Enable" then a little pop-up box at the bottom of the screen will appear to ask you to relaunch to save the changes.

That did the trick. Thank you!

Any other goodies on this "flag" list that I should enable? I'm not sure I understand some of what I'm reading.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
That did the trick. Thank you!

Any other goodies on this "flag" list that I should enable? I'm not sure I understand some of what I'm reading.
Not off the top of my head but just got KitKat and having enough problems trying to sort that out!

IIRC someone advised me on that one from the changelog forum as I was so p***** off it had gone. I don't know what OS version you're on but try the data compression option as I found it speeded things up, at least on JB 4.3

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
What he said - and a perfect solution for me.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a slightly different problem. I installed apps on my galaxy s4 and moved then to my sd card. Then my sd card died and I had to remove it permanently. I now have broken shortcuts from all the apps but they point to the damaged old card. I can't reinstall or update the apps (I get different errors depending on the app but it basically thinks they are already there). How can I get rid of all the broken links?

Posted via Android Central App
I'd start by creating a new thread relevant to your issue, rather than hijacking this thread. Your issue really has nothing to do with bookmarks in Chrome...nor the Galaxy S4. This thread is in the Note 3 forum and deals with a Chrome bookmarks question. You might get a more relevant response there.