WIFI QUALITY, it was always good before my Note 3 ( Atrix 4G )

James Roderick

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok I will admit I am a bit ticked off on this one and I have seem some posts related but not a resolution or workaround.

2nd week with my ATT Note 3 , I had a Motorola Atrix 4g previously and was completely satisfied with that phone until the WiFi failed and started running up my bill for extra data purchases. I have always been able to run on 200MB/$15mo. due to access at home & work and little use in between. I got my Note 3 and really love its ability and performance, after about 3 days I gave in to a small over air update somewhere around Nov. 15th, since I have had trouble with connectivity to my home router even when the signal is good, receiving the now more often than not irritating message "Checking the quality of your Internet connection..." typically followed by "Network disabled because Internet connection is slow " even when the connection is decent.
Screenshot_2013-11-25-07-21-29.png

4thDimension is my home Network,
Screenshot_2013-11-25-07-23-19.jpg

Is anyone aware of a way to either get this NOTE 3 to accept what the phone would consider a low quality connection or can pass along some information regarding what is being looked at when the connection is being analyzed?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do the below steps. Uncheck those 2. Problem solved :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1385401590083.jpg
    1385401590083.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1385401612271.jpg
    1385401612271.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 1385401628512.jpg
    1385401628512.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 56

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't work in every case. I have both settings unchecked and still get unstable connections.

Most it does though. Did for me and friends.. Worth a shot versus telling him he is just screwed when this could fix his problem.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Most it does though. Did for me and friends.. Worth a shot versus telling him he is just screwed when this could fix his problem.

Very true. Another fix some people have used is rebooting the router. Seems to temporarily fix the problem for me for whatever reason.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm confused. Isn't he complaining about the phone's WIFI capabilities? Not the fact that it keeps searching for WIFI?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm.. Well we haven't heard from the OP so I am guessing it must of worked.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. Isn't he complaining about the phone's WIFI capabilities? Not the fact that it keeps searching for WIFI?

No. What I posted has nothing to do with it searching for Wifi. Those 2 options bug the phone out where it will think any wifi network is weak.. Even when it's not.. And therefore disconnect the person from that Wifi and use their mobile data. Most people don't want that... So.. Disabling those in the options makes the phone stop trying to measure the strength of the signal and makes it just use it.. So that person can use wifi instead of their data plan.

sohailsahil

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
pls try to install
Wifi Connector Library of farproc from your play store..

my problem also got solved by installing this.. i this this may also help u ..

thanks regards

sohail :D

sohailsahil

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
pls try to install
Wifi Connector Library of farproc from your play store..

my problem also got solved by installing this.. i this this may also help u ..

thanks regards

sohail

James Roderick

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry so long to get back, I was not complaining about the WiFi always scanning I was complaining that "Checking the quality of your Internet connection..." typically followed by "Network disabled because Internet connection is slow " even when the connection is decent. since taking the suggestions of Almeuit I have not had the same issue. Thanks for the suggestions

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I had that too. wifi disconnecting and go to data because the phone think that signal is weak . Well I did that thing suggested and it does not for me. always going back to data. I must says the phone doesn't do that at home tho. Home = secure and hotel = not secure

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Timothy McCann

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I had the same problem about checking the quality of the internet connection. I disabled google app and rebooted the device. This worked and wifi is now working. Hope it helps... Silly silly issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87