Issue using GPS app over Bluetooth in my car

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if anyone here pairs their Note 3 to their car and then uses the GPS/Maps app and the stock music player at the same time....

When I do that, when the GPS voice talks, it always misses the first part of what is said...the music stops, but the first few words get cut off...

However, if the music player if off, the GPS voice works fine and nothing gets cut off. I have tried it with both the regular and high quality TTS options and I get the same result.

Has anyone else had this same problem? If it makes a difference, I have a 2013 Honda Accord coupe...I didn't have any such issues using my S3 before I got the Note...

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
It's probably user error on my part, but I can't even get gps to work with my bluetooth in my 2012 Ford Edge with Microsoft Sync. I have to turn bluetooth off and run it through the phone's speaker. Was the same with my S3. Can get my calls and music perfectly through it thou.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if anyone here pairs their Note 3 to their car and then uses the GPS/Maps app and the stock music player at the same time....

When I do that, when the GPS voice talks, it always misses the first part of what is said...the music stops, but the first few words get cut off...

However, if the music player if off, the GPS voice works fine and nothing gets cut off. I have tried it with both the regular and high quality TTS options and I get the same result.

Has anyone else had this same problem? If it makes a difference, I have a 2013 Honda Accord coupe...I didn't have any such issues using my S3 before I got the Note...

I haven't had that problem. I have a Ford Fusion 2013 with MyFord Touch. The music stops and I hear the voice and then music restarts. Are you using Google Maps or another GPS navigation app? Only issue I've had is if I do a voice search sometimes the Navigation will speak over and get entered into Google Search.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had that problem. I have a Ford Fusion 2013 with MyFord Touch. The music stops and I hear the voice and then music restarts. Are you using Google Maps or another GPS navigation app? Only issue I've had is if I do a voice search sometimes the Navigation will speak over and get entered into Google Search.

using the GPS in the stock Google Maps....I reset the phone, unpaired and the re-paired (LOL) the phone and still the same thing...wondering if it is a Note 3/Honda issue or something...

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
using the GPS in the stock Google Maps....I reset the phone, unpaired and the re-paired (LOL) the phone and still the same thing...wondering if it is a Note 3/Honda issue or something...

Are you using Samsung TTS? You could try changing to Google TTS to see if that helps.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Google TTS and tried it...same result...

Also, same thing happens when the Amazon MP3 app is playing...

However, when I turn off the bluetooth and play back the music and GPS using the Note 3 speaker, it works fine.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
seems to be a Honda issue...

I just did another test with a blue tooth speaker I have and it works fine...Will create a thread in the Honda forum I visit...