Note 3 brightness issue

Chiosc

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Sometimes when I press the button to unlock the phone the brighness goes to full for a split second then dimms out to my normal level.
Eco mode is off
Brighness on Auto

I'm the only one with this issue? :(

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Take it off auto brightness and slap that puppy on about 40% or less and try that. It takes a second for the sensors to figure out what the lighting situation is.

Chiosc

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Works ok with auto brighness on off.. but I really like the auto brightness feature.

I set it to auto but it's also set to 75%, so when I unlock the phone shouldn't the screen light up to 75%?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Works ok with auto brighness on off.. but I really like the auto brightness feature.

I set it to auto but it's also set to 75%, so when I unlock the phone shouldn't the screen light up to 75%?
No. If auto brightness is checked, it will only use auto brightness and adjust accordingly and immediately (except for the second the sensor needs to adjust). If unchecked it will only use static brightness that you have set. It doesn't use both.

Last edited:

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's like what what was posted above, it takes a second or two for it to figure out ambient light.

Chiosc

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
It hapens at night aswell and it's very annoyng. :(
I would like to know if this is a normal thing or should i RMA the phone?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It hapens at night aswell and it's very annoyng. :(
I would like to know if this is a normal thing or should i RMA the phone?

Mine does it. When you hit the power button, it starts bright then auto adjusts to the ambient light around you. I can't say it's normal for everyone but it doesn't bother me as I turn auto brightness off and use static @ 40%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non