Coming from iPhone - Can't get SMS Texts from iPhone Users

hoosier_mac

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I suspect this is covered somewhere and I apologize for being redundant. Do a search for SMS and you get about a million hits.

I bought the Note 3 and previously was using an iPhone. The people who were using an iPhone to send texts to me before now can't do so. They show up on my iPad but not my Note 3. What do I need to do, or have them do, to fix this problem?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Remove your phone number from the iMessage account. Could take a while to go through but that's what I've seen in the other threads asking the same thing :)

Posted via Android Central App

hoosier_mac

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Remove your phone number from the iMessage account. Could take a while to go through but that's what I've seen in the other threads asking the same thing :)

It took a long time to take affect. Less than a minute. LOL Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I still have one contact that can get my texts but can't text me back. All other iPhone users are fine. It's weird. He only has my number and not my email associated with imessage.

Sent from my gameboy color

anon(4903109)

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Makes me grateful that I took advantage of Google's Exchange service long ago (but it's disabled for new accounts... You have to use Cardav now).

Shane Dowler

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I also called Apple and asked them to remove my number from imessage data base. The call took 3 minutes and was free. In about 24 hours I was able receive text messages from upon users