Note 3 dead, not charging and won't turn on

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I dont know what to do anymore. Called att and they will send it within 6 business days. They want me to pay $14.95 for 3 day shipping. And i chose the free one. For the meantime can somebody help me if i can still turn it on while waiting for 6 days?

Last edited by a moderator:

maxjivi05

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 3 dead, not charging and wont turn on

Should of complained more they would of sent it over night for free... I used to work for them and overnight everything for free.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Should of complained more they would of sent it over night for free... I used to work for them and overnight everything for free.

I asked if they can waive the shipping he said NO

- - - Updated - - -

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm going to ask the obvious here -

Have you tried other chargers and charging cables?

Tried cleaning the battery terminals on the battery and the device?

Did it die when the battery ran down, or did you turn it off and find it wouldn't turn back on again?

I just haven't seen failures where the phone itself is the problem in cases like this. It just feels like a peripheral problem to me, not phone...

Do you think the battery's dead, or is it that the phone won't turn on? I have seen more failures here with the chargers and cables on the stock charger, than the phone.

maxjivi05

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

+1 The chargers are not reliable a lot of them go bad and won't charge. The phone shouldn't of just shut off. I'd almost consider buying a new charger or testing one at the store to see if that would fix the issue.

Or if you know someone with a Note 3 borrow theirs or swap batteries and have them charge yours if your phone don't charge it's self till your new phone is in.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

When you plug it in to charge do you get any light or icon?

Have you tried charging it for a few hours straight without trying to turn it on?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Too late now but I would have asked to speak to the store manager to get overnight shipping

And dumb question here but did it get wet or get dropped?

And I agree with others. Sound like it may be the charger or battery not the actual phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Do you have any friends with a note 3? If so, have you tried to put their battery into your phone? Or if not, buy a battery locally.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

It happens last month. They sent me a new battery. Now, it happened again.
There is no light when i charge it. No red light. I pull the battery out and charge there is no light either.
It was 10% then goes down to 1% in a few minutes then died.
I charged it when it was still 10% but its not charging at all.
I dont have friends with note 3, i used 2 batteries no luck.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried another charger and cable?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I dont have extra charger... I tried to charge it now and it doesnt stop vibrating but wont turn on and wont charge.

Can you find someone with a microusb charger? It doesn't need to be usb 3 like the note 3, the standard usb 2 would work fine. Just about every recent Android phone and even some windows phones palmos/webos, Blackberry would use micro usb 2.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Other than that, there are external battery chargers that you can buy or wireless charging options, if you need your phone up and running now, since it sounds like the phone still would work with a charged battery based on what you said

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it's probably a bad battery. Mine turned off twice the other day. Even though my extended battery said 30% charge, I noticed for the past week or so I was getting fewer and fewer hours on a charge. I got A Zerolemon and haven't had the problem since. Just a thought. I know you said they sent you a new battery but it could have been a return and bad as well.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's probably a bad battery. Mine turned off twice the other day. Even though my extended battery said 30% charge, I noticed for the past week or so I was getting fewer and fewer hours on a charge. I got A Zerolemon and haven't had the problem since. Just a thought. I know you said they sent you a new battery but it could have been a return and bad as well.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Maybe but the fact that the op tried 2 batteries makes it unlikely that both batteries were bad

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
So you think its the battery not the phone? As you noticed i posted some issues about my phone the system ui has stopped every start up, i have unfortunately apps has stopped every time i receive a notifications. So u think guys its all about the bat?