"Flappy Bird - no ads" on Samsung App Store...Malicious?

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I was scrolling thru the Samsung App Store and came across a version of Flappy Bird. After all the recent hype about this things removal I wondered if it could be a spy ware type thing. You know, now if I go on my banks site or app, would it store and send out my personal info? I thought I read about this happening, but also remember reading that these games were all removed. So I'm wondering about the Samsung version...probably best to stay away, huh? This ones called "Flappy Bird - no ads".

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm just guessing, but it would seem to me that Samsung is more meticulous about adding apps to their store than Google is. It's probably okay. Maybe.

chustle925

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I was scrolling thru the Samsung App Store and came across a version of Flappy Bird. After all the recent hype about this things removal I wondered if it could be a spy ware type thing. You know, now if I go on my banks site or app, would it store and send out my personal info? I thought I read about this happening, but also remember reading that these games were all removed. So I'm wondering about the Samsung version...probably best to stay away, huh? This ones called "Flappy Bird - no ads".

Personally I would just stay away, better safe than sorry.

aardvarkgeo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded it, and it works fine. No issues.. Only downloaded as there was so much hype on the game - and couldn't get it on the Play Store anymore. Can understand why it is frustrating.. can't understand the hype though.

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded it, and it works fine. No issues.. Only downloaded as there was so much hype on the game - and couldn't get it on the Play Store anymore. Can understand why it is frustrating.. can't understand the hype though.

LOL, that's exactly how I feel! It's frustrating to me. I can see how it might be fun to others, but I don't see what made it so popular. Almost makes you wonder if it's popularity came solely from the news that it was being removed... never heard of it before that.

Posted via Android Central App

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I saw something on the news that a new version of flappy bird was being released that gained access to text messages, and while playing it ran in the background and texted to some number that would rack up money somehow. Not sure what version it was, seeing that they didn't even say. And the news is just complete crap anymore, so who really knows.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2