If I sell a water damaged Note 3, will the person be able to fix and get into all my data?

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I sold a water damaged Note 3 where the screen remained black. The phone turned on, but the LCD screen was obviously damaged and just stayed black. Obviously, the buyer will restore the phone... I had a Patterned unlock screen (have to draw the pattern in order to unlock).

Will he be able to get into all my data if he fixes the phone? Or is he going to have to hard reset it anyway to get it to work? (assuming he doesn't guess my pattern unlock security)

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
For the most part, he will have to reset the phone if it had a pattern lock on it. If he is a hacker, then you're screwed :p

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope you get a definitive answer from a real techie/repairer cause it's interesting.
I guess you tried to message the buyer through eBay and ask them to promise, like pretty please.
As said, a reset maybe the first thing they have to do anyway. This would be of interest across AC forums, though it must have come up before.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, if they really want it, your information is theirs.

Madd54 - If you don't have access to your screen, you can still push AndroidLost to your phone and wipe it remotely. Edit - so long as it has power. You can also use a really really big magnet. :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
As others have said, if they really want it, your information is theirs.

Madd54 - If you don't have access to your screen, you can still push AndroidLost to your phone and wipe it remotely. Edit - so long as it has power. You can also use a really really big magnet. :)

Of course. Yes. Dingbat in London hitting own head with wooden mallet now.
Except you would still need your own sim card to be installed I think, so it won't be of use to the OP.
Anyway I have Device Manager set up now, rather than rely on Lookout, Samsung Dive which is probably defunct, and maybe 1 or 2 other apps I have that did similar.
Device Manager with Google account log-in is the easiest.
*Oh and a strong magnet huh.

(I had shortened my post, so no one will know what you were on about. Sorry. :))

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress