Best video player?

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I usually just use the stock video since I can easily push one button and stream to my smart tv. But I also like mobo player for diff video formats.

Posted via Android Central App

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I love the stock one because it supports multiwindow and floating window, and it also has the best metadata support of any video player I have tried.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My vote also for MX Player - supports many more formats than the stock player and has more functions/options.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for MX player. Haven't found a format it won't play. Like being able to drag the video to a specific place.

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
How do I get it into a window?

Thanks.

I have a solution for this but it takes a few steps - not hard though - and involves downloading another app. First let me mention that you can also use MX Player in MultiWindow which may be enough for some people depending on your purposes and does not involve using another app. But if you want to have it in its own little floating window do the following.

1. From the Play Store install the app "Floating Window Shortcuts" by Aeon Time.

2. Open that app and create a shortcut to the Play Store (it will be placed on your homescreen).

3. Open the Floating Window shortcut to the Play Store and go to MX Player - you can either do this by searching for it or by looking for it in My Apps. You should already have installed MX Player on your phone.

4. When you are viewing the MX Player app in Play Store, click Open (right above the Uninstall button).

There you go, a fully functional floating MX Player window that you can place anywhere you want, resize as you want, and minimize to a floating circle. This method can also be applied to create floating windows of other apps, but not all apps. Only some will work. You will just have to try them. Go through the process above and you will find out if a particular app opens within the Floating Window or if it opens fullscreen in the background.

Once you do steps 1 and 2, all you will have to do is 3 and 4 from then on. Just click the shortcut and open the app from within the Play Store window.

Last edited:

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Iyou can also use MX Player in MultiWindow which may be enough for some people depending on your purposes and does not involve using another app.

I spend a lot of free time on my phone playing triple town with a video at the top of the screen. Triple town doesn't use the top of the screen much, so the video can be fairly large and Triple town doesn't have to get any smaller.

Once you do steps 1 and 2, all you will have to do is 3 and 4 from then on. Just click the shortcut and open the app from within the Play Store window.

Thanks for the information, but that is far to much work for me. I liked a lot of things about MX Player, but not enough to go through 3+4 every time I want to float a video.