Moshi iVisor XT screen protectors...

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Thoughts? Anyone have experience with it on their Note 3?

I've used the Moshi screen protectors on my Mac Air 11" (still there) and on an iPad (pre-Nexus 7) and I was much impressed. Truly, the only protectors I've experienced that install as advertised - quickly and bubble free - and can be whipped off for a cleaning if necessary. Is this the case with the Note version? And how is screen responsiveness with it on?

Sure, there's Zagg and the rest of them - and while I have yet to try the Zagg offering on other devices, the rest have been, ahem...considerably less than advertised and a huge pain to install properly.

So, thoughts? Much appreciation in advance.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I would never put anything but a tempered glass screen protector on this phone. According to Moshi's website, they do not make a glass protector for the Note 3. You will find several threads here about glass protectors if you want advice about those. So I would say no to using Moshi, but not because of the brand or because of having used one on the Note 3 - just because of the material of their screen protector.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I would never put anything but a tempered glass screen protector on this phone. According to Moshi's website, they do not make a glass protector for the Note 3. You will find several threads here about glass protectors if you want advice about those. So I would say no to using Moshi, but not because of the brand or because of having used one on the Note 3 - just because of the material of their screen protector.

Thanks for this feedback jpr!

I have looked at the threads re: the tempered glass protectors and perhaps you (or someone else in the AC'osphere) can respond to a query I have. It seems to me that applying another (albeit tempered) layer of glass to the Note is counter-intuitive to protecting the screen, especially in, say, a slip onto the floor. Wouldn't a soft membrane protector offer better protection - holding, as it were, it all together?

Sorry if I'm being particularly dense. These glass protectors seem to be the most recent 'thing' in-store (and at a premium price) - but does that make them the best? We've missed this obvious option to our iDevices all this time? And how easily do they really install?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
No, the glass protectors are made so that in a hard enough fall to shatter them they keep the shattered pieces contained in one whole piece. The film protectors have no chance at all of protecting the screen from shattering. They can protect somewhat from minor scratches but not from shattering at all. The screen can still shatter in a fall with a glass protector but the glass protector will shatter first and you at least have a chance of protection with them, unlike the film protectors.

Also, the glass screen protectors are ideal for the Note 3 especially because of the S-Pen. You will not get the same feel and functionality with a plastic protector and the scratches will certainly build up if you use your pen regularly. The glass protectors, good ones, give 100% visual clarity, 9H hardness, shatter-proof (meaning what I said above), anti-scratch better than the gorilla glass screen, less fingerprints/smudges/residue/easier to clean, equal or better touchscreen feel than the bare screen, no impact on S-Pen use.

They are generally easier to install than plastic protectors but I can't personally compare them the Moshi since I haven't tried that. The one I got was from Verizon and they install it for you - just ask for someone who has done it before if you go to them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non