Andida Battery Anyone? 😀👌

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had experience with an Andida battery in your Note 3? I just ordered one, hope it wasn't a mistake! 😨👈

I just installed my Andida 3200 mAh extended life battery. For break-in you run the battery all the way down then charge for 10 hours.
You do this for 4 cycles then you are to see an improvement in life over the original battery!
(This goes totally against what I have heard about Li-ion batteries!) 😨
We'll see! I'll report back! 👍

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
They have the same capacity but they say extended. Are they supposed to last longer. I had not heard of Andida. I think I saw a post where someone recommended them. Found a Hong Kong website a few days ago, but little info on how they work in online sites. Same price as an Anker here @£13.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Personally I would only use genuine Samsung. Keep in mind Samsung doesn't hold responsibility if a non Samsung battery explodes. It is unlikely, but I don't want to take a chance.

If you are strapped for cash, I would suggest that you use a quality third party.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Personally I would only use genuine Samsung. Keep in mind Samsung doesn't hold responsibility if a non Samsung battery explodes. It is unlikely, but I don't want to take a chance.

If you are strapped for cash, I would suggest that you use a quality third party.

The single Anker I will probably go for, and this 'Candida' are both more expensive than a Samsung by 30‰? (£13 v 10). The 2nd GS2 Samsung battery I bought last year seemed to lose capacity early so it left a taste, but depends how they're used of course.
I liked the promo and reviews for the Anker's, last year and now.

I wondered why Candida (they should have done a language search!) claim to be extended, but still 3200mah.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The single Anker I will probably go for, and this 'Candida' are both more expensive than a Samsung by 30‰? (£13 v 10). The 2nd GS2 Samsung battery I bought last year seemed to lose capacity early so it left a taste, but depends how they're used of course.
I liked the promo and reviews for the Anker's, last year and now.

I wondered why Candida (they should have done a language search!) claim to be extended, but still 3200mah.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 battery is $20,or the changing system with spare battery is $25, with the 50% off coupon floating around. You are paying more for Samsung for sure. But, to me, it is still reasonably priced.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 battery is $20,or the changing system with spare battery is $25, with the 50% off coupon floating around. You are paying more for Samsung for sure. But, to me, it is still reasonably priced.

Don't know about a coupon here.
Amazon are currently not supplying the Samsung battery direct, only fulfilled non retail, both in the UK and US. Store price is probably £20 - 25.
I cannot order the Anker twin pack here sadly.
I'll get one of these brands, and get the other at a later date.
My Note 3 was from Amazon in November.

8upete5u.jpg

vy2ynuhy.jpg

enarepan.jpg

y7ehyqup.jpg

4ezuzena.jpg

hytu9ugy.jpg

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It's been kinda boring around here lately so I thought I would stir things up!
I thought I would try the Andida as another poster
Suggested. The break-in period seems weird to me!
If it doesn't seem to work as stated, I have a new Anker ready to go! 👍 😉

"Size Does Matter!"

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about a coupon here.
Amazon are currently not supplying the Samsung battery direct, only fulfilled non retail, both in the UK and US. Store price is probably £20 - 25.
I cannot order the Anker twin pack here sadly.
I'll get one of these brands, and get the other at a later date.
My Note 3 was from Amazon in November.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/8upete5u.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/vy2ynuhy.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/enarepan.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/y7ehyqup.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/4ezuzena.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/hytu9ugy.jpg

I don't trust buying batteries from unknown sources. These third party sell a lot of fakes. If you are to buy Samsung genuine, buy directly from Samsung or amazon directly (not third party) or other reliable retail outlet.

I got the Samsung battery charging kit which includes spare battery, external battery charger, wall charger, and microusb cable was $25 directly from Samsung.

umejuted.jpg

You can buy a battery directly from Samsung for £25. Not sure about coupons offered for the UK website.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Faccessories%2FEB-B800BEBECWW&token=fXj-IRG3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't trust buying batteries from unknown sources. These third party sell a lot of fakes. If you are to buy Samsung genuine, buy directly from Samsung or amazon directly (not third party) or other reliable retail outlet.

I got the Samsung battery charging kit which includes spare battery, external battery charger, wall charger, and microusb cable was $25 directly from Samsung.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/umejuted.jpg

You can buy a battery directly from Samsung for £25. Not sure about coupons offered for the UK website.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Faccessories%2FEB-B800BEBECWW&token=B7j-zC-y

I understand that. I got a genuine Samsung battery last time. If Amazon don't get more in shortly I will go for an Anker or check stores for Samsung's. The only Samsung store is way across London, though they were teaming with Carphone Warehouse to open Samsung branded stores and I don't know if that happened yet.

ADDED : Also the genuine Samsung with charger is available from Amazon for the same £25 so that sounds better.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It's been kinda boring around here lately so I thought I would stir things up!
I thought I would try the Andida as another poster
Suggested. The break-in period seems weird to me!
If it doesn't seem to work as stated, I have a new Anker ready to go! 👍 😉

"Size Does Matter!"

Those seen to be good and have been around here for a while.
It has been quiet so I have been meddling in the new Q&A forum, trying to pick the easy ones before everyone else. Makes me see how much I don't know about Android, apps and services I don't use myself.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand that. I got a genuine Samsung battery last time. If Amazon don't get more in shortly I will go for an Anker or check stores for Samsung's. The only Samsung store is way across London, though they were teaming with Carphone Warehouse to open Samsung branded stores and I don't know if that happened yet.

This is the charging kit, BTW

va8uvu3a.jpg

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Why didn't you go with the anker one jalo?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I did buy an Anker but I thought I would try the Andida first. (Since I don't have much faith in it. The break-in goes against anything I've heard about Li-ion batteries!) 😨
The Anker is next in line.

"Size Does Matter!"

Last edited:

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I did buy an Anker but I thought I would try the Andida first. (Since I don't have much faith in it. The break-in goes against anything I've heard about Li-ion batteries!) 😨
The Anker is next in line.😨😨

"Size Does Matter!"

To expand on what I've read and heard about Li-ion batteries: They like to go on the charger when they get down to about 40%. Then when they reach a full charge, remove from the charger, don't leave it plugged in!
The instructions for the Andida says to deplete the battery and then leave on the charger for 10 hours! (?)
Do this for 4 cycles in the phone, do not use an outside charger! (?) Whatever! I'll try it!
I'll report back.😉👌

"Size Does Matter!"

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
To expand on what I've read and heard about Li-ion batteries: They like to go on the charger when they get down to about 40%. Then when they reach a full charge, remove from the charger, don't leave it plugged in!
The instructions for the Andida says to deplete the battery and then leave on the charger for 10 hours! (?)
Do this for 4 cycles in the phone, do not use an outside charger! (?) Whatever! I'll try it!
I'll report back.😉👌

"Size Does Matter!"

I am impatient and tired of the cycling crap so........ I pulled the Andida battery and installed the Anker!! 😨

"Size Does Matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, you still have another spare, and the Andida might function just as well as the Anker and Samsung without that opening ritual.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, you still have another spare, and the Andida might function just as well as the Anker and Samsung without that opening ritual.

Possibly.

I personally only go with trusted ones such as anker. Mainly because a battery exploding or something could be horrible since the phone is usually in your pocket.. So I'm careful with who I trust on that.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
One of the batteries from my old phone expanded yesterday. This is a safety feature. I am not sure if all third-party batteries have this feature. But without it, it could explode.