My Custom made Note 3 wallet case

mdavisgtm

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
So I got my Note 3 about 5 months ago and found that it was kinda awkward to carry it around and a wallet. I really don't like to carry my wallet in my back pocket its just not comfortable. So I figured that if I found a phone case that could carry a couple cards in it then I wouldn't even need to carry a wallet. All that I could find was those stupid cases that has a flap that covers half the screen, I don't want to be flipping open that flap every time I wanna look at my phone!! So anyway i decided to build a case that could do what I wanted. After lots of searching I finally found something that I figured would work:

http://www.amazon.com/Reddot-winning-Protector-protection-gradually/dp/B007XU88ZE/ref=sr_1_177?ie=UTF8&qid=1405737746&sr=8-177&keywords=Aluminum+wallet

Its got a little mechanism that pushes all the cards out for easy access. Then I got a plastic case for a Note 3, it was actually pretty hard to find just a plane hard plastic case, almost all of the cases out there have rubber or some other sort of padding combined with the plastic.
When i got all the stuff I needed then I started putting it together:

First I cut a hole in the case the size of the aluminum card holder:

20140426_151315.jpg

And then I glued in the Card holder using epoxy and bondo, and then sanded everything down:

20140503_112408.jpg

Once I was happy with it I covered everything with a carbon fiber vinyl wrap:

20140503_115857.jpg

It dosent look perfect, it was hard to get the wrap to go smoothly over everything so I got some wrinkles but its really not that bad.
And it makes all the cards really easy to get to when you need them:

20140718_222431.jpg

20140718_211742.jpg

Overall it turned out really good. It can carry 5 cards and I have never had a problem with the cards slipping out. I have been using it for about 4 months now. What you gain in the thickness of the phone you more then make up for in functionality. The phone with the wallet case is a little under 17mm thick and a regular Note 3 with a case is a little over 10mm thick.
So that was my little project let me know what you guys think :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Brilliant!

I'm trying to add a sliding lens cover to my LG G3 book-style case so that when I go to pull it out of my pocket, I don't plant a fingerprint on the lens. Judging by how it's shaping up so far, I shall not be sending photos of the end result.

Posted via Android Central App