My 1 day affair with Galaxy S5
So I finally decided to take the plunge and out of boredom with Note 3 and millions of issues and lags it was giving me decided to switch to S5. Intially was very excited after setting it up and transferring all data but when I started playing around it what a rude awakening. I felt like I had gone from the major leagues to the minor leagues. From the handling of the phone to the small screen I felt like I have been seriously downgraded. The more I used it the more I hated it. Samsung did a damn good job marketing it which enticed me to buy it in the first place. But boy was I wrong. After using it for less than 18 hours and thank god I didn't sell my note 3 I returned it back and was relieved. Since I had already backed up the data and all files I decided to factory reset the note 3 and use it from scratch and I feel like I have the same phone I got the first day and am very happy with it. I am telking you folks this is still one if the best device I have used and no other device comes near to it, BTW I used to be an apple fan boy and I don't think I will ever make a mistake of using any other Samsung device other than the note series or maybe the 5.5 inch iPhone big maybe as iPhone need to really up their game.
Wanted to share my experience and tell all Note 3 users stick to it and don't take the leap this is the best one out there, worst case situation factory reset and enjoy it till the Note 4 comes out.
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-27-2014, 07:38 PM #2
- 07-27-2014, 11:15 PM #3
Re: My 1 day affair with Galaxy S5
I'm still on the fence. Love the size and camera of the S5. I'm running Sacs S5 rom on my N3 and it's been super smooth and battery live is way better than the S5. Not all that impressed with the S5 battery, used it 5 days for work and when I get home it's almost dead, N3 would leave me around 45% at the end of the day. I'm using the S5 for a few more days and see what happens.
- 07-28-2014, 01:31 AM #4
1. Turn on Developer options
2. Under dev options turn off window animation, transition animation, and animator duration scale
3. If you don't use s voice, disable it under your application settings. (This will speed up your home button reaction time.)
4. Under settings , storage delete your cached data or clear the partition cache. (Boot into recovery mode to do this.)
5. Try a launcher. Touch wiz causes a lot of lag over time so using a launcher can speed things up quite a bit. Nova Launcher, for instance, has some "Faster than Light" settings that make the ui super fast.
Hope this helps.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-01-2014, 05:17 AM
- By dayangajeerah in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 4Last Post: 07-30-2014, 03:43 AM
- By bbmjack in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2014, 09:40 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2014, 07:14 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-27-2014, 05:29 PM