question with vizio smart tv screen mirroring

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I have an lg smart tv and I can successfully mirror movies on it. I have a buddy who has a 65 inch smart vizio tv...he is saying he cant screen mirror? Is this just a vizio compatability issue? Would wifi direct work instead for him? Also im not sure which model he has.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I paired my Note 3 with a Vizio TV once and I didn't have any issues streaming files BUT I didn't try screen mirroring...

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
As far as I'm aware (but I do not keep up with Vizio) Vizio does not support screen mirroring. They have what they call second screen, which is just certain apps, like Netflix, that can play on the TV and be controlled by your phone.

If he wants screen mirroring, he can get a chromecast cheap enough, which does screen mirror with a Note 3. I use it all the time. Or he could get an allshare hub, which I assume is more expensive than a chromecast and will mirror from Samsung phones and tablets that support allshare.

If he just wants to watch movies that reside on his phone (not mirroring), he may be able to use DLNA. There are a number of apps in the Play Store that will send movies to a smart TV.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have found that Chromecast mirroring works extremely well, even better than the more expensive AllShare. While I haven't tried mirroring to a Vizio TV with Chrome cast, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

Posted via Android Central App

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Vizio TV and a Phillips TV and I screen mirror my note 3 to both TVs using an HDMI to MHL cable with a 5 to 11 pin adapter. Works but there is minimal lag. Watching movies is ok but I wouldn't try gaming on it. It'll be too slow. The cable was $13 from mono price.

barkleyfan

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Vizio smart tv. It is a 50" with 4k display. And it has 5 HDMI ports, all for 600 bucks. But apparently they went with Yahoo to get the pricepoint. Who knew? Don't really want to tie up one of the ports with another Chromecast, but this Yahoo experience blows.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading Allcast from the playstore. You will not need to tie up any ports. It works over your wireless network.

Nadia G

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Ok can some one post a video of how to mirror the phone to the Vizio tv please because I don't see where you can...I have the note edge and the moto x pure please some one help me..,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch