Why aren't my contacts showing up on my Gmail Contacts Tab?

Timothy Kim1

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Contacts not showing up on Gmail Contacts Tab

I have been struggling with this situation for quite a while so I've tried all the possible solutions to syncing my contacts from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with my Gmail account but nothing is working.

To give you further details, I switched to Android for the first time in March after using the iPhone 4s for about two years. I've also backed up my contacts with my Verizon account as well as my Kies account as well (I factory reset my phone a couple of times).

I never rooted my phone either so there shouldn't be any software issues.

I've tried going to settings and checking off "Sync to Contacts" under my Gmail account. I've also tried exporting my contacts but that doesn't seem to work either because it's only exporting email accounts which I don't understand why its occurring as well.

Can somebody offer their advice on how to go about this issue?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Contacts not showing up on Gmail Contacts Tab

Your contacts are probably categorized as on your device, not your google account. Go to contacts and click Menu and Contacts to Display. Choose your different options there and see where your contacts are being stored.

If they are on the device, SIM, or a different account than your google account, you can try having it display all contacts and then in the menu, Merge accounts with your google account. If that doesn't work, you can try share namecard in the Menu and then select all and send that to yourself. Then you can import those namecards into your Google account.

After you get all your contacts into your google account, make sure when you add new contacts on your phone you are choosing to store them in your Google account instead of the device or wherever it is set by default to store them now. And keep that sync box checked for your Google account contacts.

Amanda Vernon

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
how do you merge your accounts? I'm struggling with not all my contacts showing up when I log into gmail on my computer as well. Gmail online shows 72 contacts but my phone has like 300+

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo