Why is my Note 3 really slowing down while typing or unlocking?

A

AC Question

Note 3 really slowing down while typing or unlocking

I've been using my Note 3 for quite a long time now, I'd say probably a year or so, and it's been working always really fine, not even a slight sign of a problem, until some weeks ago. I'm not the kind of person that tries every new app that appears, and I was quite comfortable with the set of apps I already had, so I haven't installed anything new in the past few months, not that I remember at least, but some weeks ago, my Note 3 started to "lag" sometimes while I was trying to type something using Samsung's keyboard, specially while using whatsapp.
Other issue I'm having, and this one is the most annoying is that sometimes I try to unlock my phone, and it just doesn't, its like it was off, but it's not, because sometimes, after 2 or 3 minutes, it comes back like nothing happened.

What I usually do in that situation when it just doesn't wake up is pressing the power button long enough for it to reboot, but I'm finding myself doing that way too often now, it's really annoying.

I suspect the cause of all this might be some recently updated app, I think whatsapp could be the culprit, but I have no way to find out, I haven't rooted my phone, just because of the risks involved (I've heard there are some risks, not really sure if that still applies tho), and I just wanted to know if anyone is suffering the same problems, and if there's any way to kind of "debug" the apps running and see if there's any problem like behind the scenes.

Well, that's it, thank you all,
I appreciate your help,
Regards.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 3 really slowing down while typing or unlocking

Welcome to Android Central.

Try a Cache Partition wipe.

Also, to test whether a third-party app is causing problems, simply boot into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables them. If the problem stops, such an app is responsible and once tracked down, can be uninstalled.

If the wipe doesn't fix things, get back to us.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74